• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Annoyed and disenchanted with EMC9

PeterSanders

Question

Hi

EMC9 seems to have a mind of its own.

I copied disk 1 of 2 dvds BUT EMC9 would NOT copy disk 2 of 2 dvds. I copied BOTH dvds to a disk image on the hd. I even had to clear some space to allow the copying to take place.

The first dvd burned ok from the disk image. EVERY time I tried to do burn the second dvd, EMC 9 reported that there was only 83MB (yes, that's megabytes) on each of FOUR brand new DVD+R double layer disks. So it was going to be imposible to copy the few GIGAbytes of the dvd file. This is on the same pc that create dthe valid FIRST dvd. What gives?

I have NOT been able to change this error by using a new batch of dvds. So I tried the process on another pc. The copy from dvd to HD proceeded ok and after several attempts to burn a dvd, each time the dvd being ejected I managed to get the process working. However after the burn process reaching 99% the process failed with an *unknown* error (0x4). That's a $5.00 drink coaster!

So now I have a dvd disk image on each of TWO pcs, neither of which I can write to a DVD - NOT happy! :)

Further to this, I just reviewed a couple of hundred floppy disks with the intention of discarding anything that is really old and archiving important stuff on to CD.

HUH! after going through the copy from floppy to hard disk (to be ready to "drag to disc") EACH time I drag the stuff (that has been copied to the HD) to the blank cd it seems to work, HOWEVER I cannot finalise the disk. SO I NOW have two unfinalised cds that can only be read in the drive that created them. :huh:

During the finalise process, the "autoplay" seems to be activated and this then seems to upset DTD and an error message saying cannot convert to CD-ROM or DVD ROM is displayed.

These are MAJOR errors and I am hoping for a solution here. I want to discard the floppies but I have not yet obtained a "certified" copy.

kind regards

Peter

2 answers to this question

Hi

(edited)

I copied disk 1 of 2 dvds BUT EMC9 would NOT copy disk 2 of 2 dvds. I copied BOTH dvds to a disk image on the hd. I even had to clear some space to allow the copying to take place.

Peter

How much defragged free space do you have on your hard drive?

Archived