Can't enable TiVo Transfer

belta

Question

After selecting TiVo Transfer from the Extras menu, there's a pop up window "TiVo Transfer" could not be opened because it could not be found.

And when try to enabled TiVoToGo during the setup assistant, there is no TiVo Transfer page!

does anyone have the same problem?

4 answers to this question

I had the exact same problem when I installed Toast8 yesterday. After I quit Toast8 I noticed that there was a "Tivo Transfer" application in the same folder as Toast8 - so I doubleclicked that to run the program. I haven't tried to access it via the menu in Toast8 again - maybe it will work now?

And as I wrote in another thread, when I ran Tivo Transfer the first time, my two TiVo's didn't show up properly in the program (the shows from one TiVo were listed under the library heading?) - but when I quit & restarted Tivo Transfer both TiVos showed up correctly.

After selecting TiVo Transfer from the Extras menu, there's a pop up window "TiVo Transfer" could not be opened because it could not be found.

And when try to enabled TiVoToGo during the setup assistant, there is no TiVo Transfer page!

does anyone have the same problem?

A reboot fixed that problem for me.

I have installed toast 8 on my mbp and rebooted, when I bring up the tivo transfer software, I see the PioneerDVR but no programs are listed under it. I am using a usb->ethernet adapter and hard wire to my Linksys router from the tivo. Off of the linksys router I have a wireless acess point 802.11g that my mac book pro connects to. I have the tivo to go software running on my mbp and the tivo can "see" the photos and music on the computer (and) play them, but no matter what I have done, when I click the DVR in toast's tivo transfer package, nothing appears under it. What am I doing wrong? Am I not supposed to be running the 1.93 tivo to go software?, does toast 8 take care of this functionality, please help.

Archived