• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Using Multiple Burners

cgearing

Question

Hi,

Can anyone please help to be clear on what application within v8 that I can select an option to use multipe burners.

I have found an option under advanced burning ONLY WHILE IN THE MOVIE COPY MODE.

Is there any way to have this advanced option for other apps?

Everywhere I go, seems only a default burner must be selected regardless of having preinstalled a blank disk in both writers.

Thanks in advance.

11 answers to this question

Thanks for the contributions to try and sort this for me...

The creator classis that is now ok with option for multiple burners under "about" state...

"Build 805b30benu"... no mention of sonic HOWEVER... the "about" in disc copy states the following...

"Roxio creator 8 suite..HOME"

V3 Build 3.0.86b

Roxio record now date states..

Module name PX engine Build 2.7.17a,63.

Sonic 2005.

It sounds like GG is on the right track but can't explain why grandpa says they look the same.

MINE ARE VERY CLEARLY DIFFERENT.

Thanks again for the assistance.

I am saying that the same program, say Creator Classic, whether opened via Home or Start/Applications, looks the same.

Creator Classic and Disc Copier are two different applications. Run Creator Classic and click on HELP / ABOUT and tell what version you are using. If you are using the HOME application, you could be using part of it instead of the stand alone apps. The HOME application uses the Sonic RecordNow techonology which has different look and options.

Creator Classic and Disc Copier are two different applications. Run Creator Classic and click on HELP / ABOUT and tell what version you are using. If you are using the HOME application, you could be using part of it instead of the stand alone apps. The HOME application uses the Sonic RecordNow techonology which has different look and options.

Gary, they all look the same on my computer, no matter how I get into the program (Home or Start/Applications).

Which app are you trying to use? I think they all use the same burn engine with the only exception being the HOME applications which uses RecordNow technology. I know that Creator Classic and Disc Copier can burn to multiple drives at once. I've never tried it when burnng from MyDVD.

Which app are you trying to use? I think they all use the same burn engine with the only exception being the HOME applications which uses RecordNow technology. I know that Creator Classic and Disc Copier can burn to multiple drives at once. I've never tried it when burnng from MyDVD.

Hi..

If I could find out how to use Creator Classic and Disk copy with the multiple burner... that would be all I need and require.

How can I get the option that I can only find when using the movie copy function that shows advanced burning option? From this, the burners attached come up with the check box options.

I can't find these steps in CC or normal copy function.

Thanks in advance

I am saying that the same program, say Creator Classic, whether opened via Home or Start/Applications, looks the same.

Thanks everyone to all that have contributed here....

All are correct in their comments.

Yes, there appears 2 operating programmes in the one package with v8.

The roxio sonic does not provide the multiple burners unless accessed via the movie options.

The creator applications via the start menu provides disk copy with creator NOT sonic and yes... does provide the option for advanced burning and in turn the multiple burners that may be connected.

Thanks to all that assisted me and hopefully others that may view this thread.

Gary, they all look the same on my computer, no matter how I get into the program (Home or Start/Applications).

The creator classis that is now ok with option for multiple burners under "about" state...

"Build 805b30benu"... no mention of sonic HOWEVER... the "about" in disc copy states the following...

V3 Build 3.0.86b

Sonic 2005.

It sounds like GG is on the right track but can't explain why grandpa says they look the same.

In Disc Copier, click on the down arrow beside COPY NOW to see the Advanced mode.

In Creator Classic, you should already see multiple drives when you click BURN.

Thanks again for your reply gg?

Not sure why the cc started showing up but it just did??

(can't explain)

As for the disk copy, the down arrow only gives the option of the other drive, not any option of advanced mode.

Would you mind just checking and if needed I'll send a screen dump.

Thanks again

V3 Build 3.0.86b

Sonic 2005.

As to the "Disc Copy" area, first take note, there are 2 disc copying programs in the software. One is based on Sonic's RecordNow copier and the other Roxio's Disc Copier.

From your post, that looks like the 'RecordNow' one that is built in to the Home windows. That is why it doesn't look like the screen shots or what the others are seeing. You need to open the "Disc Copier" program to do this. You can do that 2 ways. In Home, under the Copy section, click on the Copy DVD Movies item. Or you can go to Start->Programs->Roxio Easy Media Creator 8->Copy->Disc Copier to open it.

Thanks again for your reply gg?

Not sure why the cc started showing up but it just did??

(can't explain)

As for the disk copy, the down arrow only gives the option of the other drive, not any option of advanced mode.

Would you mind just checking and if needed I'll send a screen dump.

Thanks again

Hello GG...

I've tried to paste my screen for the disk copy that comes up under the data options in v8.

I'm afraid I'll need some assistance to do this.

the screen you have shown is from the options with movies only... not the options from data and in turn disk copy.

Could you please have a look at this.

The screen you have shown does not look like this in the data menu.

Thanks again and look forward to reply.

Archived