Ok , it's backed up, now I can't retrieve it?

british eh

Question

6 answers to this question

Wht did you try to read it with,explorer? If so you have to use Backup MyPC to read the files for restore.

Also, what kind of DVD's did you use to write to?

I just put the DVD's in the slot. Didn't know you had to associate a program with it. I did go to Back up my PC - restore wizard when trying to retrieve the info, and I couldn't read the disc

The DVD's are Verbatim DVD-R

I have two drives, both are DVD capable burners/readers. I tried both to read. I can see theat the surface of the DVD has been burned due to the colouration difference. When loading the DVD, it just doesn't want to read it?

Cheers,'

Richard

At this point you have me stumped. If BUMP created the file and you are reading it in using the Restore option you should be able to read it.

One thing I have to ask, you did the backup and restore with Backup MyPC. EMC 8 comes with 2 different backup softwares. Backup MyPC (BUMP), and Roxio Backup. They are not the same software and can not read each others files.

As a test, go into BUMP and create a job to backup a few files to your hard drive somewhere. Without leaving BUMP, go to the restore option and see if the file can be read. The files are really no different between disk and DVD, except for the media and the fact the DVD is split up.

using EMC bu my PC,

Burned 10 DVD's, and then it checked to verify. Put DVD in same working drive, it can't read it?

What ?

british eh

Wht did you try to read it with,explorer? If so you have to use Backup MyPC to read the files for restore.

Also, what kind of DVD's did you use to write to?

Do you happen to have another DVD drive? It could possibly be a problem with the drive. Read and write lasers are different, one could be bad. That is the only reason I could think of as to why the drive could write it, assuming there really is something on the disk, and not be able to read it.

I have two drives, both are DVD capable burners/readers. I tried both to read. I can see theat the surface of the DVD has been burned due to the colouration difference. When loading the DVD, it just doesn't want to read it?

Cheers,'

Richard

Archived