Easy Creator 5

buckeye

Easy basic creator 5 has been working perfectly until today. Now when I go to burn I get a message that the engine could not load CDR4.

I went to Roxio web site and downloaded the upgrade, but it didn't help.

I am running on Windows XP sp2.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

If you have WinXP with SP2, officially ECDC 5 is no longer supported due to major changes made to the Operting System by Microsoft. Some people have managed to coax it to run - there's a pinned note at the top of the Forum on that - but many more have not.

If you have accepted Microsoft's "critical update" to I.E. 7, that is known to "break" Roxio EMC 7, and suspected of breaking EMC 8 and ECD/DVDC 6 - and thus likely to kill ECDC 5.

Or, if you have installed other, newer burning software (iTunes, MusicMatch, RealPlayer 9 or above, WinPlayer 9 or 10), that would "break" ECDC 5.

"Break", as in install a critical file with the same name and different contents, making the older program unusable.

Lynn

Best bet - get rid of IE7, honestly.

If you want a tabbed browser, use Firefox instead

Also, IE7 can cause problems with EMC9 - it seems that if it's installed over 9, it breaks it - it may work if installed first and 9 afterwards. It DOES breat 7, 7.5 and 8: that's definite

The IE you see there IS IE7 - 6 doesn't show there at all (there is a way to remove it but it means doing a few things to system files and isn't recommended)

Actually Buckeye - uninstall the one showing in Add/Remove programs and it will roll back.

However, if you want to play safe - go here, download and install Firefox first and then remove IE7

http://www.mozilla.org/

Archived