• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning a DL DVD

gordonwd

Question

Is there anything special about burning a dual-layer DVD? If I have created an ISO file in another application (in this case, VideoStudio V10), and it is large enough that it can only fit on a DL DVD, will everything just automatically burn correctly?

Someone in another forum told me that an ISO image would not work for a DL DVD, so I am wondering if that's really the case.

3 answers to this question

Keep in mind that an ISO is not a byte to byte file/result. A 3.7gb ISO will fill a 4.7gb DVD! I don't have the numbers for a DL…

DVD-5, holds around 4, 700, 000, 000 bytes and that is around 4.37 computer GB.

One I have on the HD below, single layer DVD.

ISO Image File 4.36 GB (4,681,957,376 bytes)

DVD-9, holds around 8, 540, 000, 000 bytes and that is around 7.95 computer GB. DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL or 8.5 GB Media.

One I have on the HD below, Dual Layer or Double Layer DVD.

ISO Image File 7.90 GB (8,490,516,480 bytes)

cd

I think Disc Copier almost always warns about compressing then doesn't really compress. A good example of a False Positive.

Keep in mind that an ISO is not a byte to byte file/result. A 3.7gb ISO will fill a 4.7gb DVD! I don't have the numbers for a DL…

Time is another factor for measuring. An 8.5gb DVD will hold about 1:57 movie at 9mbps. If you used another program to try to squeeze 2 or more hours into that ISO file, DC is defiantly going to re-render it to fit!

Archived