• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

ECDC5 install problems...

SoCal Auto

So I've looked at most of the threads on here and while some of the concerns are similar to mine, none of the solutions have worked. Here's my problem. I had had the Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum edition installed on my compouter without the update and it had been working fine. I developed some problems with my operating system so I deleted everything and attempted to reinstall. I reinstalled Microsoft's Windows 98 and Internet Explorer 6. I updated the provided Windows Media Player to version 7.1. All of this was installed previously when ECDC5 was working. Upon attempting to install ECDC5 again, I am given an error message : "Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adaptec Shared\CreatorAPI\UDF.dll failed to register. HRESULT - 2147024865." If I choose to ignore this message, and to continue with the install and the update install precisely as outlined in other threads, I cannot get the software to work. Upon attempting to use the Disc Copier, I am given three error messages : "Disc Copier cannot find CreatorAPI. Please, reinstall CreatorAPI", "Disc Copier could not locate a supported CD-ROM reader. You will not be able to make disc-to-disc copies", and "CreatorAPI can't see all the cdroms in the system. Please check if they are connected properly." After getting these error messages, I checked for the CreatorAPI file in the address specified in the installation error message. The .dll file was present. The drives I am currently using are : Atapi CD-ROM Max 52x and SAF CD-R8020. Upon attempting to use the Easy CD Creator, I am given the error message : "Cannot create Creator! Error returned 0x80040154." I have uninstalled the software completely using the recommended procedure in other threads (including roxizap), and reinstallation leads me to the same problems. Anyone have any ideas?!?

Archived