Edit Menu Background

jrfk2

Question

I bring up My DVD 8 and it defaults to one of the default menu styles. I removed the audio and replaced the background with a movie of my own to play as the background, but it cut it short, so I was trying to find a way to edit it to get the full length but the Edit Menu Background (on rioght click of menu icon on Project View) is always grayed out, so it won't let me edit it.

Any ideas ?

I tried to edit the background of one of the default menus and that was grayed out as well ...

4 answers to this question

I bring up My DVD 8 and it defaults to one of the default menu styles. I removed the audio and replaced the background with a movie of my own to play as the background, but it cut it short, so I was trying to find a way to edit it to get the full length but the Edit Menu Background (on rioght click of menu icon on Project View) is always grayed out, so it won't let me edit it.

Any ideas ?

I tried to edit the background of one of the default menus and that was grayed out as well ...

If you hit ctrl-R you'll get to the menu "Settings" dialog, and you can extend the length there to 150 seconds (but not longer).

Please see the HELP menu. At the top of each page, there is a disclaimer that some features discribed in the HELP file may not be available in this verison. Those features are 'greyed' out on the menu.

The maximum length of a menu in V8 is now 150 seconds. In version 7, it was only 30 seconds.

Quite simple. Open Photosuite 8 and create a 720X480 canvas. Fill it with your favorite color. Save it.

In MyDVD under TOOLS, click on CHANGE MENU BACKGROUND. Navigate to the JPG and click ok.

Background is now solid. I use my fav image editor alot for creating menu backgrounds.

Archived