• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Sound output when record audio

kpbrook

Question

I am used to using CD Creator 6 to capture audio. When I do, I can see the waveform, listen to the sound and adjujt volume. When recording in Ver 7.5 or 9, I do not see the incoming wave form nor do I hear what is being recorded.

Recording and editing sound is my primary use and if these features are not in later versions then I feel I have wasted my money in buying them What am I not doing or what am i doing wrong?

kpbrook

4 answers to this question

In Easy Audio Capture you cannot see the waveform.If you import the file into Sound Editor after capture you can than see it for editing.

To be able to hear the recording your sound device needs to be capable of feeding the input back to the output for listening.Depending on what sound card or device you're using this may or may not be possible.

If you were able to hear with V6 and haven't changed any hardware then you should be able to hear in the other versions.Make sure that none of the settings for line-in (if that's what you're using) haven't been changed in either the mixer for your sound card or in Windows sound mixer,most notably muting of the line-in setting in the playback section of either mixer.

I have just ordered the 9 version primarily to record LP records and cassetts and then burn to CD. Was trying to getahead start on learning how to use the program by reading discussions. I thought that this program made it easy to record and burn. If you can not see or hear the sound level how doyou adjust the level to record?

I have just ordered the 9 version primarily to record LP records and cassetts and then burn to CD. Was trying to getahead start on learning how to use the program by reading discussions. I thought that this program made it easy to record and burn. If you can not see or hear the sound level how doyou adjust the level to record?

I can see the meters, and I can hear the sound when I record. You just have to make sure that your sound properties are set up properly.

There are sound level meters.There is no actual view of the waveform.If you have the correct hardware then you should be able to hear what you are recording.Some sound cards (MB chips) don't have settings to allow you to hear what you are recording.If you have an actual sound card and not a MB chip then chances are you can hear what you are recording.Like Bruce says you just need to get the settings right.

In Easy Audio Capture you cannot see the waveform.If you import the file into Sound Editor after capture you can than see it for editing.

To be able to hear the recording your sound device needs to be capable of feeding the input back to the output for listening.Depending on what sound card or device you're using this may or may not be possible.

If you were able to hear with V6 and haven't changed any hardware then you should be able to hear in the other versions.Make sure that none of the settings for line-in (if that's what you're using) haven't been changed in either the mixer for your sound card or in Windows sound mixer,most notably muting of the line-in setting in the playback section of either mixer.

Archived