• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

MikeE

Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

Question

Operating Sys is XP-Home, SP2

I've been running EMC9 for about two weeks. Have tried most of its applications but mainly I'm using VideoWave.

I just started getting these two errors when I boot up my system. I hadn't been getting them for the last two weeks since doing a full install of the program and contents CD. I didn't have any of the previous versions of this s/w loaded before installing EMC9.

I don't have any of the EMC9 windows services turned off. I do have the Media Manager disabled when it starts.

Any ideas? Anyone else having these errors?

RoxioWatchErr1.jpg

RoxioWatchErr2.jpg

I don't know if it's a coincidence or "cause and effect", but the day before I started getting these errors I did a defrag of the harddrive. hmmm?

Regards All, Mike

8 answers to this question

Try disabling "Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 9" in Services when you run msconfig.

I had similar problems a while back.

Hi all. Well I have the same problem. Tried all the above methods, but the services flat out refuse to start automatically in Vista RTM and when I start emc9 it always comes up with installation of easy archive and then complains of a network problem finding the .msi files it needs..Now I know that this must be because of the services not automatically starting. Trying to manually start the services will not work and it shuts down straight away.

AAAAAgh! ! Vista.

Hi all. Well I have the same problem. Tried all the above methods, but the services flat out refuse to start automatically in Vista RTM and when I start emc9 it always comes up with installation of easy archive and then complains of a network problem finding the .msi files it needs..Now I know that this must be because of the services not automatically starting. Trying to manually start the services will not work and it shuts down straight away.

AAAAAgh! ! Vista.

Vista breaks EMC 9. Roxio is supposed to put out a patch to make EMC 9 and Vista get along, WHEN Vista is released to the public.

Thanks for the reply. Yer, but it states its Vista compatible.

Well, erm,..nope... not on my PC LOL.

Suppose we only have to wait a couple of weeks then! I got my RTM via beta testing. Nice freebie..well sort of free if you dont count the endless hours of frustration.

Edited by ChrisK

Suppose we only have to wait a couple of weeks then! I got my RTM via beta testing. Nice freebie..well sort of free if you dont count the endless hours of frustration.

Chris: You are in a state of denial. Vista has not been released to the public, I just checked!!!

By the time it is Roxio will have what is needed and that assumes MS doesn't make some more changes along the way… Like that has never happened!

Not to mention James, what sort of patches will arrive on the actual DAY of release.

If I recall, those of us who had XP prior to 'launch' got hit with about 10 'critical updates' on the official launch date :)

Well, I hope you have no problems with your other programs, with Vista installed. I have no need for that OS, since XP has been rock solid for me since I installed it the first day it was released. No aggravation here.