Sonic Mydvd Version? And Install Contents Disk ?

aquarius-3

Question

A friend and I recently purchased Easy Media Creator 7.5 at the same time, the same day, same store.

In sharing "learning experience and tips" on the Sonic MyDVD slide show creator, we discovered hers was a bit different. Her disk put in Version 6.1.3, my disk installed Version 6.1.2.

It makes it difficult to follow along when she tries to tell me how she did something, as the steps are a bit different in each version.

I've tried re-installing, "repairing" and installing the Update, and I still have version 6.1.2. I tried the Sonic site and didn't find anything there to update it either.

How can I get mine to be the same version as hers ?

Also, how can I get the Contents disk to install ? It just sits there and does nothing when I put it in, and exploring shows no exe or install file.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

4 answers to this question

Thanks ! That worked for the content. Now I just have to puzzle out the version difference. Aren't computers wonderful ? lol

Are you sure her version is really 6.1.3? I also have 6.1.2 and there does not seem to be an update available. I can't believe that there would be much difference in the versions. Could you give an example of a difference?

Guest mlpasley

I cannot help with the first problem. You might try Roxio Customer Service.

For the Content disk, you need to do a Windows Add Remove programs\ Change and do a Complete installation.

A friend and I recently purchased Easy Media Creator 7.5 at the same time, the same day, same store.

In sharing "learning experience and tips" on the Sonic MyDVD slide show creator, we discovered hers was a bit different. Her disk put in Version 6.1.3, my disk installed Version 6.1.2.

It makes it difficult to follow along when she tries to tell me how she did something, as the steps are a bit different in each version.

I've tried re-installing, "repairing" and installing the Update, and I still have version 6.1.2. I tried the Sonic site and didn't find anything there to update it either.

How can I get mine to be the same version as hers ?

Also, how can I get the Contents disk to install ? It just sits there and does nothing when I put it in, and exploring shows no exe or install file.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Here is the longer version of how to install the Content Disk. It is not an autoplay disk:

To install it:

[i]Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel. Scroll down to Roxio EMC7 and click on it. Click on the Change button. The install wizard will come up. Click continue, I think. Then make sure Modify is highlighted and click on it. You may, at this time, have it load your Content disc on the hard drive. There are 3 places that you can click and select to install all of the Content disk. The places are in Video Wave, DVD Builder, and Photosuite. Click on the Content icon by each one and select "This feature will be installed on hard drive". Then click Next. It will then prompt you to put your Program Disk in the drive. Put it in. It does not reload the program. After about a minute or so, it will prompt you to insert your Content Disc. Do so, sit back, let it load, and you are done.[/i]

Archived