• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Linda B.

Question

I purchased Mad Dog Multimedia External DVD-RW that came with Roxio Creator 8.2 XE. The program hangs frequently, there is a black screen when I want to preview in either Slide Show or MYDVD, and I've had several error messages.

One: .\IPEBase.cpp (1215) *** Error NULL=pComposition.p

I registered both with Mad Dog and Roxio. Support at Mad Dog suggested that I may be skipping a step in creating a slide show and to check the tuturial. DUH!

On this site, support hasn't been any better. Is this all the support available for the product. Please don't tell me about Roxanne ... you get into a loop and it's useless.

Thank you,

Linda B.

7 answers to this question

I purchased Mad Dog Multimedia External DVD-RW that came with Roxio Creator 8.2 XE. The program hangs frequently, there is a black screen when I want to preview in either Slide Show or MYDVD, and I've had several error messages.

One: .\IPEBase.cpp (1215) *** Error NULL=pComposition.p

I registered both with Mad Dog and Roxio. Support at Mad Dog suggested that I may be skipping a step in creating a slide show and to check the tuturial. DUH!

On this site, support hasn't been any better. Is this all the support available for the product. Please don't tell me about Roxanne ... you get into a loop and it's useless.

Thank you,

Linda B.

Linda, the support is with Mad Dog, not Roxio. The software may not even be the same as what folks here are using.

Hi Deb,

I am having the same exact problem as you and many other issues. Does your system get hung up a lot? My product is one week old and I still can't make a DVD with my photos. I think I'm going to return the whole thing a buy a different brand.

Linda B.

I recently installed Creator 8 and am trying to make a photo slideshow. When I add the photos I can put in a blank screen but am unable to type a title on the blank screen. I am also unable to get a preview of my slideshow. I have used the program on my mother's computer without encountering any problems...which is why I bought it myself. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Deb

Hello,

Your post could have been written by me! I took Steve's advice (who replied to your post) and checked my system. I tested everything and the computer states "no problems" for every single tab and test.

I have DirectX9.0 c (4.09.0000.0904).

Can you advise ..... Puh-lease! (can you read my frustration?)

Thanks,

Linda B.

Hello,

Your post could have been written by me! I took Steve's advice (who replied to your post) and checked my system. I tested everything and the computer states "no problems" for every single tab and test.

I have DirectX9.0 c (4.09.0000.0904).

Can you advise ..... Puh-lease! (can you read my frustration?)

Thanks,

Linda B.

Linda, you now have several posts but nowhere have you given much info except that you have a problem. Without stating your system specs and some more detail exactly what is happening, not much help can be offered. All we basically know is that you have a 'limited' version of EMC 8

Hi Deb,

I am having the same exact problem as you and many other issues. Does your system get hung up a lot? My product is one week old and I still can't make a DVD with my photos. I think I'm going to return the whole thing a buy a different brand.

Linda B.

Hi, LindaB

Deb was on the board last way back in November so she was what is called a hit and run poster. That is one that complains and then when asked for more information doesn't provide it. There are also people who come to the boards just to trash the product. I'm sure that you are not one of those.

I doubt that Deb will be back to answer your question.

Where did you get EMC V8; the current version is EMC V9? You can give V9 a try by downloading the 30 day trial. Go to the trial forum above this one. I hope you can get your money back but usually stores won't do that with opened software. One thing that V9 does is to check your video card and will ask you to update the drivers or will tell you that your video card/chip is not good enough to run this program.

Please post your computer specs in your signature. You can post your computer manufacturer and model with any "specials" you added on or you can got to Belarc Advisor and get the information from there.

Try this, open VideoWave or MyDVD. Go to the top menu and select tools>options. Click to select software render. Try your program again. You may want to use Video Wave rather than the Assistant to build your slide show and then save the project and open MyDVD and burn from there. Some people have reported issues with the Assistants. Note that when you are running in software render mode, the 3D transitions are not available because the program is designed to use the card/chip to do some of the rendering. Previous versions of the program relied only on software rendering.

Try to update the drivers for your video card/chip and to update to the latest version of Microsoft's DirectX 9c. If you post your specs, someone here will be able to help you find the latest drivers. Some older notebooks may not be able to run in anything other than the software mode but a $60 video card will do wonders for the operation of your desk top computer and will allow the hardware render mode.

Now, I've taken some time to answer your post. Please be kind enough to come back with your computer specs and any progress, if any.

Linda, you now have several posts but nowhere have you given much info except that you have a problem. Without stating your system specs and some more detail exactly what is happening, not much help can be offered. All we basically know is that you have a 'limited' version of EMC 8

..... and probably from Mad Dog. :) Apparently, she is unwilling to contact Mad Dog for support or at least another disc. She has indicated that she wants to return "it". The burner or the program, I don't know. I would think that the choice of the burner did not hinge upon what freebie software came with it. We don't even know if she is running XP or OS(?). I did suggest downloading the free trail of V9 to see if here computer is capable of running the program; we'll see if she is really interested in getting help or just wants to complain. I hope it is the former.

Linda, stop hijacking old threads and start a new topic for yourself. (At the top right of the boards). Pu ti in the section where you are having the problem.

Linda, the support is with Mad Dog, not Roxio. The software may not even be the same as what folks here are using.

Apparently she doesn't want to hear that and refuses to post any information on her computer. This is the 4th post with the complaint but she has yet to provide any information. :huh: My guess is that her computer (laptop because of the external burner) does not meet the minimum specs and that she has never updated video drivers or DirectX. She could at least post the computer brand and model. :)

Archived