• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Emc 8 Capture Problem

drynear

Question

:) EMC 8 works great except when capturing video from a VCR. It will capture for 14 minutes and 55 seconds and then stop with the message "capture device has been lost". It is the identical time every time. V7.5 worked fine on the same machine. Also Windows Movie Maker as well as Nero and other programs work fine. I have redone the hard drive completely to start from scratch but to no avail. The same copy of EMC 8 works fine on another nearly identical machine.

It is a Pentium 4 - 3.2 ghz with 1 gig memory and a 250 gig HDD with 217 gb available.

Avermadia capture card. Windows XP Home Edition. MSI V class motherboard w/ Via chipset.

HELP!!

8 answers to this question

Is the hard drive formatted as NTFS or FAT32? What type of file are you capturing as, mpeg, avi?

If it's FAT32, it may be that it is hitting the file size limit for it.

Hard drive is NTFS and the file is AVI. Version 7.5 worked fine on the same machine.

Wow, do I feel stupid. I accidentally did format the drive with FAT32. I converted to NTFS and it works fine. Thanks for putting me on the right track.

:)

Great to hear you got it working. :D

And don't feel bad, just about everyone has had it happen to us where we thought something was one way when it wasn't. :huh:

:) EMC 8 works great except when capturing video from a VCR. It will capture for 14 minutes and 55 seconds and then stop with the message "capture device has been lost". It is the identical time every time. V7.5 worked fine on the same machine. Also Windows Movie Maker as well as Nero and other programs work fine. I have redone the hard drive completely to start from scratch but to no avail. The same copy of EMC 8 works fine on another nearly identical machine.

It is a Pentium 4 - 3.2 ghz with 1 gig memory and a 250 gig HDD with 217 gb available.

Avermadia capture card. Windows XP Home Edition. MSI V class motherboard w/ Via chipset.

HELP!!

Is the hard drive formatted as NTFS or FAT32? What type of file are you capturing as, mpeg, avi?

If it's FAT32, it may be that it is hitting the file size limit for it.

Archived