• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Menu Shown When Playing Dvd

cyberluis

Question

Hi All,

Using MyDVD with EMC8, I have finished a long work on a DVD, (of course I didn't select DVD no menus) and added a background, two slide shows and one movie.

After burning the DVD and playing the disc, it went directly to the SlideShow and didn't show the menu. Even if I press MENU on the remote control, I don't get anything.

It is important to state, that when I run Preview, I see the menu with it's 3 components to play the slide shows or the movie.

Any hint?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Hi Digital Guru,

Thank you for your fast reply.

I have tried in my PC but nothing different happens, the DVD starts directly from a Slideshow and no menu is displayed.

I used my explorer and found 2 directories, ROXIOPLASMA and VIDEO_TS. Inside the first are two .DAT files and inside VIDEO_TS there are 4 .BUP files, 4 .IFO files and 6 .VOB files.

I made a Main Menu with 2 Slide Shows and 1 Movie.

Does this make any sense ?

Thanks again.

Luis

Hi All,

Using MyDVD with EMC8, I have finished a long work on a DVD, (of course I didn't select DVD no menus) and added a background, two slide shows and one movie.

After burning the DVD and playing the disc, it went directly to the SlideShow and didn't show the menu. Even if I press MENU on the remote control, I don't get anything.

It is important to state, that when I run Preview, I see the menu with it's 3 components to play the slide shows or the movie.

Any hint?

Thanks

Try it in your PC.

I suspect that your Player doesn't like that media and is just doing the best it can.

Also use Explorer and look at the VIDEO_TS folder. You should see a .VOB file for every Title you have + a real short one that represents the Menu page.

Archived