Question

I'm trying to download the update to 1.0.3 since my 1.0 version crashes every time I try to do anything with it. I'm stuck in a loop where I cycle through web pages. When I get to the page where I see the download button I'm taken back to the previous page where I have to chose Popcorn 1.x or the 'Patch my software' button.

Trying to get customer support is a real joke too as you are taken to a web support area where Popcorn isn't even in the list of products.

Seriously this product never worked for me and it seems I can't even run it now...

Anyone has any idea how I can get the update file?

I'm running 10.4.4, Safari 2.0.3, Popcorn is 1.0.

Thanks.

Denis

13 answers to this question

I'm trying to download the update to 1.0.3 since my 1.0 version crashes every time I try to do anything with it. I'm stuck in a loop where I cycle through web pages. When I get to the page where I see the download button I'm taken back to the previous page where I have to chose Popcorn 1.x or the 'Patch my software' button.

Trying to get customer support is a real joke too as you are taken to a web support area where Popcorn isn't even in the list of products.

Seriously this product never worked for me and it seems I can't even run it now...

Thanks.

Denis

I already have it but I just tried to get it and it started to download for me.

I went to Software Updates on the left side of this page, clicked on Popcorn version 1x, clicked on download and it started to download.

Not sure what your problem is.

I already have it but I just tried to get it and it started to download for me.

I went to Software Updates on the left side of this page, clicked on Popcorn version 1x, clicked on download and it started to download.

Not sure what your problem is.

I don"t know what to say except it doesn't work for me :/

I just realized that I bought Popcorn in june and the 1.0.3 update is listed as of may. I received the 1.0 version (I just rechecked to make sure). Is it possible that the update won't work because the system thinks I have a version dating after the update file?

Can someone please tell me how to get customer service on this, I can't get support about this bug?

Thanks.

Denis

I have 10.2.8, Netscape 7.1, am registered, and can only download the html page. I own Toast 6 and Popcorn 1.0 and I can't download either of these updates. Any clues what to try next?

I just realized that I bought Popcorn in june and the 1.0.3 update is listed as of may. I received the 1.0 version (I just rechecked to make sure). Is it possible that the update won't work because the system thinks I have a version dating after the update file?

Can someone please tell me how to get customer service on this, I can't get support about this bug?

You not being able to download is not a bug.. I suggest disabling any firewalls like Netbarrier as well as try using ethernet connection if you are on a wireless network. I have tested this download more than 100 times and has worked each time.

As Firenhancer suggests... if you are having problems downloading you should...

1. Log out of Roxio

2. Clear all cookies

3. Disable any download assistants (e.g., Speed Download)

4. Disable any firewalls temporarily

5. Disable any pop-up blockers temporarily

6. Try using a different browser, like Safari

Then sign back and in try again.

Over a hundred thousand people have been able to download this and the other Mac software updates that Roxio supplies.

As Firenhancer suggests... if you are having problems downloading you should...

1. Log out of Roxio

2. Clear all cookies

3. Disable any download assistants (e.g., Speed Download)

4. Disable any firewalls temporarily

5. Disable any pop-up blockers temporarily

6. Try using a different browser, like Safari

Then sign back and in try again.

Over a hundred thousand people have been able to download this and the other Mac software updates that Roxio supplies.

Thanks for the reply. I logged out of Roxio, deleted all cookies, I have no download assitant installed, I disabled NetBarrier, I disabled pop-up blocking, and I am using Safari (as I said in my very first message) and I also tried with Omniweb. I also emptied the caches, just to be safe.

I'm still taken back to the list of product updates instead of getting the file. The fact that a hundred thousand people can download it doesn't help me. As I said (again) I understand it may be something with my configuration that's at fault, but, again, I have many applications that I update regularly, I have not the same problems with any of these other software updates. I could, for instance, download the version I have now when I bought it, with the same configuration.

I just don't understand why I'd be taken back to the list of software instead of getting the file.

Thanks for the reply. I logged out of Roxio, deleted all cookies, I have no download assitant installed, I disabled NetBarrier, I disabled pop-up blocking, and I am using Safari (as I said in my very first message) and I also tried with Omniweb. I also emptied the caches, just to be safe.

I'm still taken back to the list of product updates instead of getting the file. The fact that a hundred thousand people can download it doesn't help me. As I said (again) I understand it may be something with my configuration that's at fault, but, again, I have many applications that I update regularly, I have not the same problems with any of these other software updates. I could, for instance, download the version I have now when I bought it, with the same configuration.

I just don't understand why I'd be taken back to the list of software instead of getting the file.

Please check your email - we have made the Popcorn 1.0.3 update available for you to download via a .Mac account. I hope this helps and should enable you to download update.

Regards

Himanshu

Kudos to HimanshuatRox to get the update to this person.

That is GOOD support.

Let's see if it's appreciated - this person posted a bunch of negative things on just about any board that they could post to.

Maybe a correction or retraction is in order.

Edited by macuser25

Can you send me the link to the Popcorn update too? Same problem. Going around in a loop with the web pages.

Thanks,

I suggest trying options suggested by different members. The user "denis_ricard" probably has system specific issues which he could not resolve and hence Roxio member sent a link.

I am sure of success of you attempt the above suggested steps for looping issue.

Can you send me the link to the Popcorn update too? Same problem. Going around in a loop with the web pages.

Thanks,

:)

OK here is the scoop from Roxio.

Open Netbarrier, click on "Privacy" at the left, then click on "Surf" at the top of the page.

Uncheck the "Information Hiding" checkboxes, "Brand of my Computer" and "Last web Site Visited"

Yipppe

:)

OK here is the scoop from Roxio.

Open Netbarrier, click on "Privacy" at the left, then click on "Surf" at the top of the page.

Uncheck the "Information Hiding" checkboxes, "Brand of my Computer" and "Last web Site Visited"

Yipppe

So Netbarrier was the culprit.. Good work. Roxio Support :huh: And thanks much to "mattwithcats" for posting this for other users experiencing identical problems instead of spending time blaming Roxio :D

Edited by firenhancer