• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

scrolling text

bobstripower

Question

Id like to have some text scroll as a lead-in,ala Star Wars intro.I can get a scroll by using the motion edit function,but is there a way to have a continuous scroll of several pages of text in one window.I have Snag-it, which has a scrolling function,but cant figure out how to get Roxio to use it as a scroll--thanks for any help

8 answers to this question

Id like to have some text scroll as a lead-in,ala Star Wars intro.I can get a scroll by using the motion edit function,but is there a way to have a continuous scroll of several pages of text in one window.I have Snag-it, which has a scrolling function,but cant figure out how to get Roxio to use it as a scroll--thanks for any help

You can do this by adjusting the duration of your color panel depending on how long you want this to run. You also have to adjust your text size and use the slow scroll to achieve this.

Hope this helps.

I have a problem that ties in with this one. I'm scrolling text to go with a narration and have a problem where the text seems as if it is too many characters and cuts off. I have found that each "enter" I use for spacing counts as two characters, but not sure if there is a way to get around this limit.

So far, I have it set up so that I have half on an internal track and half on an external track. The only problem now is that my overlays aren't consistently working out the same, ie. text takes precedence externally, but the overlay takes precedence over the internal text. The second part looks sweet, but I'm working on getting it consistent.

I've got a few possible solutions I'm testing, but was curious if there were an easier way to get around the character limit?

I've got a few possible solutions I'm testing, but was curious if there were an easier way to get around the character limit?

Video or slides?

If it's video, split the video where you get to the limit and apply text to the two separate scenes. It can be seamless if you get the timing right.

Actually, if you split the scene and the video before you get to the limit, it should be easier. Remember, this is digital video and you're never altering the original footage when you're working on a production.

If it's slides..... same principle. Drag another copy of the slide to the storyline and put another text block on it.

thanks so much,it worked great--ive used text many times,but didnt even realize the credit and crawl functions were there--just shows i need to explore more--bob

You are welcome. I have used it a few times, and it does work well. It just takes time. The first time I used text, I put it too close to the edge of the frame, and parts of it were cut off on my television. :) I fixed it.

Windows Movie Maker also has a "Star Wars" scrolling text feature where the text slowly scrolls off into the distance.

In VideoWave, right click on the box where you want the credits, then insert a color panel of your choice. Now click on the text icon (abc), go down Credit Roll, and drag it onto that color panel.

Type in whatever paragraphs of text that you want, and adjust the duration of that panel, so it is open as long as your text scrolls.

Make sure that you don't type to the edges of the panel, because tv overscan may cut off some of the text. You will have to do some trial and error to get it the way you want, and I would suggest burning to some +RW or -RW discs to test the final burn.

Archived