Can Toast 8 handle Multi Language Audio Tracks from EyeTV?

lehniger

Question

Hi folks,

I know that this topic is probably not too serious for the native english speakers but perhaps you could help as well:

EyeTV records the movies with the broadcastet audio channels. So in case the movie was broadcastet let's say in English and German you can play it in EyeTV selecting either the one or the other.

With Toast 7 you were not able to burn a DVD from that EyeTV record which includes all the various audio channels.

Does anybody has tried if this is now possible in Toast 8?

Thanks for any answer and experience exchange in advance.

Regards,

Holger

3 answers to this question

Yes... for EyeTV recordings and DVD titles that have multiple audio tracks... you can now choose the specific audio track you want. Add the file to the main Toast window, and then click the Edit button... then select the audio track from the pop-up.

I guess this is very nice - but why can I not just burn all audio channels to one DVD?

Now I have to burn multiple DVD with the same movie to keep the possibility of watching the movie with different audio channels.

Or did I missed something here?

Regards,

Holger

Haven't heard a confirmation from others but this post in a recent thread states that you should be able to select which track you want Toast to burn. I don't think Toast will include all audio tracks, though. Something like that may require using DVD Studio Pro. I'm not sure of this, however.

Archived