• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MyDVD 9 won't let me add avi files (with DIVX codec)

smapti

Question

I was easily able to do this with the free version - so I figured the pay version would make it even easier?

This has got to be some kind of bug. If anyone has information on how to fix My DVD9 so that you can add DIVX avi files, please let me know.

thanks!

12 answers to this question

I have Ulead Movie Factory 5 and it worked great in July of 2006. For some reason, it suddenly stopped allowing me to import AVI files and this is why I went ahead and purchased Roxio My DVD 9 thinking this would solve my problems. I unistalled the Ulead program. To address the freezing problems...I updated my video driver (it was outdated) and it greatly improved the performance of the Roxio program. A LOT! NO FREEZING UP!!! :) I still can't import any AVI files. And now, when I view the AVI files using Windows Media Player, there's a choppy line that sometimes appears during playback. WIERD. If its not one thing...its another. Your replies are very appreciated. :huh:

Have you also updated to the latest version of DirectX 9c? If you have problems viewing the avi files with WMP then the problem is with the avi files or with your hardware. What video card do you have in your system? What are your system specs?

Thanks Beerman, but I still am not able to import any AVI files. I have done the above steps. I do have another DVD Authoring program on my computer. Should I uninstall it? Also, MYDVD 9 freezes up when I try to import any video file that works. Any thoughts?

Thanks Beerman, but I still am not able to import any AVI files. I have done the above steps. I do have another DVD Authoring program on my computer. Should I uninstall it? Also, MYDVD 9 freezes up when I try to import any video file that works. Any thoughts?

Now that you've mentioned it freezes when adding any files, it's hard to tell if it's an divx problem are not. What other authoring program do you have?

Thank everyone for your help with this similar situation concerning the importing of AVI files. It work out ok. Now if I can create the menu I like or find someplace where there are a great selection of pre-made menu templates....that would be cool. Enjoy and thanks again.

I do not have a DivXDec.ax file, so I do not think there is a confliction between this and the divxdec.ax file I have. I do have a DivXMedia.ax file, but because it has a different name, I don't think there would be a confliction. My registry contains the following files for DIVX:

DivX.dll

divx_xx0c.dll

divx_xx07.dll

divx_xx11.dll

DivXCodecUpdateChecker

divxdec.ax

DivXMedia.ax

divxsm

DivXsm

DivXWMPExtType.dll

please provide any suggestions. thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for posting this issue as I have the same one as well. I did go to the link provided in the above response. I made sure to follow the directions very carefully, but the outcome was the same...unable to import any AVI files (Divx). Here is my question:

Should the Divx codec be the only divx codec in System 32? I do see other .ax files. Is this ok? Looking forward to your help. :)

Hi,

Thanks for posting this issue as I have the same one as well. I did go to the link provided in the above response. I made sure to follow the directions very carefully, but the outcome was the same...unable to import any AVI files (Divx). Here is my question:

Should the Divx codec be the only divx codec in System 32? I do see other .ax files. Is this ok? Looking forward to your help. :)

There are a few other Divx*.ax files in my System32 folder.

post-79-1169581178.jpg

I was easily able to do this with the free version - so I figured the pay version would make it even easier?

This has got to be some kind of bug. If anyone has information on how to fix My DVD9 so that you can add DIVX avi files, please let me know.

thanks!

Check out this topic pinned in the EMC9 forums.

I have Ulead Movie Factory 5 and it worked great in July of 2006. For some reason, it suddenly stopped allowing me to import AVI files and this is why I went ahead and purchased Roxio My DVD 9 thinking this would solve my problems. I unistalled the Ulead program. To address the freezing problems...I updated my video driver (it was outdated) and it greatly improved the performance of the Roxio program. A LOT! NO FREEZING UP!!! :) I still can't import any AVI files. And now, when I view the AVI files using Windows Media Player, there's a choppy line that sometimes appears during playback. WIERD. If its not one thing...its another. Your replies are very appreciated. :huh:

Archived