Where is Roxio Customer Support Team for Toast?

xor999

Question

I was just wondering if I was the only one with outstanding customer service web tickets. I submitted 2 tickets on selfserve.roxio.com under Toast customer service and there has been no response for 5 business days now. :) I have worked in customer service with a ticketing system and it takes a lot of time to get to all of the tickets, but 5 days is too long. Am I the only one being ignored?

I am number 311472 and 311474. Maybe if a moderator would just let me know what number they are on...

-Ben

11 answers to this question

I also emailed customer service (ticket number 314134) on Sat. 1/20. It's Tuesday the 23rd, end of the day and I've heard nothing back as yet.

Our issue is that we purchased (via cc) Toast 8 Titanium at MacWorld 2007 back on Jan 11th. We were advised that it would ship to us (free) within five days. It's seven working days and counting and we've heard nothing and I would like an update on this order.

We have a yellow order form receipt with all our info on it but it contains no order number (does have our credit card imprint on it though).

Roxio: it would be much appreciated if you will advise me on the status of this order, and when it will (or has it?) shipped.

Thank you.

Christina

Just tried, no dice. When I launch the app, the colored wheel just spins. Let it sit for an hour, nothing. Cannot be closed or even force quit. Have to physically turn off the iMac.

Sweet Lord! I finally did a hardcore approach and got it running. Removed, then reinstalled Helvetica, ran Cocktail. Then reinstalled 10.4.8 and ran Cocktail. Finally loaded up! There is light at the end of the tunnel...

Many members of the product team read and reply to these forums.

Do you have a specific question about Toast?

Sure - Toast 8 won't launch. After the install, it just hangs, can't even force quit. I have an iMac G5 2.1 (iSight) with 2.5GB RAM and 180GB free HDD, running 10.4.8. Gone through and verified that I have Helvetica installed, used Cocktail, repaired permissions, tried uninstalling and removing the plist for Toast, etc., etc. - even tried putting the app on the desktop instead of Applications. Same results. Ultimately have to turn off the machine as it cannot be force quit. Haven't even gotten to the point of entering the CD key. Still waiting patiently for any help from Roxio.

Do yourself a favor and browse newsgroups, or just post here. Roxio is not interested in helping you once they have your dollar. My opinion, of course, I'm sure others would disagree.

I don't know if they aren't interested, but the support team is grossly understaffed. I get the feeling that there are about 5 people working on those web tickets when there should be like 30.

Well you could always post your problem here. Answers seem to come quickly on the forums.

Thanks John. You were right... I did get my issue resolved through the boards. I just wish I could close my own web tickets because in 2 weeks they are going to try to help me again. :)

Oh well, I'm done complaining...

-Ben

EEK. 2000+ support tickets per week... I hope they have a big enough customer service team for all those issues...

As a long-time Roxio patron (not by choice, rather lack of any real competitors), let me give you some advice. Don't count on Roxio for customer support. I have filed tickets in the past, some got answered promptly, some never got answered, and most took excessively long times to resolve.

Do yourself a favor and browse newsgroups, or just post here. Roxio is not interested in helping you once they have your dollar. My opinion, of course, I'm sure others would disagree.

Like many products that have the market cornered, eventually they catch on or they dissolve once a formidable competitor enters the market.

Archived