Sony HD Notebook AR11S Can't Playback Blu-ray!

AlabamaByrd

Question

Hi,

This is my first post, i purchased DVDit Pro HD last week i have managed to create and play back SD DVD with the software.

I can create Blu-ray DVDs(well the software tells me it was successful in creating disk after burn) but am unable to play back Blu-ray DVD.

Could you please tell me if (WinDVD BD for Vaio) software which is pre-installed on the AR11S is compatiable to play back Blu-ray DVDs created with DVDit Pro HD.

I have the latest Firmware 1.05 install for Matshita BD-MLTUJ-210S Drive and the latest WinDVD software version 7.5.43.197 installed.

Any help please.

Cheers

AlabamaByrd

18 answers to this question

Glad to hear PowerDVD BD is working. glitching every 5 seconds sounds more like playback issue than a disc issue...hopefully not the drive and it's BD-R capabilities. what bit rate are you using? is it a BD-R or BD-RE. Is there anything like DLA (direct letter access) on that computer that could cause choppy playback?

Hi Guys,

I have managed to create a glitch free Blu-ray DVD, changing the bit-rate.

CHEERS TO EVERYONE FOR THERE HELP.

AlabamaByrd

I have tried PowerDVD 7.2 and it wont work for me. The blurb about it says that it plays BDAV, not BDMV. I was able top get a BDMV encoded as DVD MPEG to work, but the same file encoded as BD wouldn't work.

I think we have to wait a bit longer. WinDVD8 say that they will have BDMV on BD-RE working soon. Need to keep checking their web site for a plug-in. See press release:

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070108/20070108005505.html?.v=1

Hi Kentfry,

I have created 3 Blu-ray DVDs, using TDK BD-RE disks and they all work fine. Sorry to hear your having a nightmare, it's normally me who can't get things to work.

Have you got the lastest firmware for the Matshita BD-MLTUJ-210S drive it's available on the Sony website.

GOOD LUCK.

Yes PowerDVD Ultra plays BDMV and BDAV... no problem....

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/main_112_ENU.html

Hi Guys,

I have just purchased and downloaded PowerDVD Ultra 7.2 and the Blu-ray disk i created with DVDit Pro HD booted up first time.

The motion menu is sharp and smooth, but the main movie glitches every 5secs, i will try different video formats and settings.(any suggestions would be great?)

I will report back once i have created the perfect glitch free Blu-ray DVD.

Thank you for all feed back.

Cheers

AlabamaByrd

Hi,

I have "ICE AGE 2" on Blu-ray and this play's no problem. WinDVD BD is a Blu-ray player software that came with the Sony Notebook.

I was hoping someone out there has got Sony ar11s Notebook and DVDit Pro HD and they can play Blu-ray DVDs created with DVDit Pro HD.

At the moment i have Sony's latest £2000 notebook and £500 DVDit Pro HD software not fit for the purpose i purchased them for.

Cheers

AlabamaByrd

I say this - without trying to be rude, but.

You didn't do your homework.

As has been posted in these forums before.

It is not mandatory for a manufacturer of a Blu Ray player/ROM to support BDR or BDRE. Just like the early days of DVD-R and DVD-RW, you had to make sure what you bought would play the recordable formats first or you get burned.

I also have an AR series Sony VAIO. It does not play back BDMV files on a BD-RE (as produced by DVDit Pro HD). It does play back BD-ROM. I don't know whether this is the drive problem or a problem with WinDVD BD for VAIO. Sony do not give me sensible answers.

Hi Guys,

I have managed to create a glitch free Blu-ray DVD, changing the bit-rate.

CHEERS TO EVERYONE FOR THERE HELP.

AlabamaByrd

I have tried PowerDVD 7.2 and it wont work for me. The blurb about it says that it plays BDAV, not BDMV. I was able top get a BDMV encoded as DVD MPEG to work, but the same file encoded as BD wouldn't work.

I think we have to wait a bit longer. WinDVD8 say that they will have BDMV on BD-RE working soon. Need to keep checking their web site for a plug-in. See press release:

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070108/20070108005505.html?.v=1

Hi,

This is my first post, i purchased DVDit Pro HD last week i have managed to create and play back SD DVD with the software.

I can create Blu-ray DVDs(well the software tells me it was successful in creating disk after burn) but am unable to play back Blu-ray DVD.

Could you please tell me if (WinDVD BD for Vaio) software which is pre-installed on the AR11S is compatiable to play back Blu-ray DVDs created with DVDit Pro HD.

I have the latest Firmware 1.05 install for Matshita BD-MLTUJ-210S Drive and the latest WinDVD software version 7.5.43.197 installed.

Any help please.

Cheers

AlabamaByrd

I wonder if WinDVD version you have supports BD? Is that what can with the laptop? If not, try the software that come with your laptop.

Hi,

I have "ICE AGE 2" on Blu-ray and this play's no problem. WinDVD BD is a Blu-ray player software that came with the Sony Notebook.

I was hoping someone out there has got Sony ar11s Notebook and DVDit Pro HD and they can play Blu-ray DVDs created with DVDit Pro HD.

At the moment i have Sony's latest £2000 notebook and £500 DVDit Pro HD software not fit for the purpose i purchased them for.

Cheers

AlabamaByrd

Hi,

Cheers

AlabamaByrd

I would check with InterVideo to see if they support \BDMV on BD-R/RE, this was an late addition to the BluRay specs and also optional. The PS3 does not support this so don't be surprised if WinDVD doesn't support it.

I have further discussed with Sony who say that it is NOT a machine (hardware) problem in the Matshita BD-MLTUJ-210S drive but is a software problem. That is, WinDVD BD for VAIO does not play back a BDMV on a BD-RE. Further, they do not know of any software that will do this! Under pressure they have escalated this problem and hope to get back to me in 3 days with an answer. I am not hopeful.

I have further discussed with Sony who say that it is NOT a machine (hardware) problem in the Matshita BD-MLTUJ-210S drive but is a software problem. That is, WinDVD BD for VAIO does not play back a BDMV on a BD-RE. Further, they do not know of any software that will do this! Under pressure they have escalated this problem and hope to get back to me in 3 days with an answer. I am not hopeful.

Cheers for that Kentfry i look forward to Sony's reply.

Glad to hear PowerDVD BD is working. glitching every 5 seconds sounds more like playback issue than a disc issue...hopefully not the drive and it's BD-R capabilities. what bit rate are you using? is it a BD-R or BD-RE. Is there anything like DLA (direct letter access) on that computer that could cause choppy playback?

While your at it, tell them to update the PS3 firmware to allow it also :)

Archived