pga044

Question

It freezes while burning with MYDVD

Here's my pc specs..

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Enclosure Type: Desktop

Processor a Main Circuit Board b

1,70 gigahertz Intel Celeron

8 kilobyte primary memory cache

128 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. SiS-651 1.x

Bus Clock: 100 megahertz

BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.00 PG 02/14/2003

Drives Memory Modules c,d

161,96 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity

68,12 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

Generic DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device [CD-ROM drive]

HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8523B [CD-ROM drive]

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4160B [CD-ROM drive]

ROXIO DVD-ROM EMULATOR SCSI CdRom Device [CD-ROM drive]

Maxtor 6Y080L0 [Hard drive] (81,96 GB) -- drive 1, s/n Y2P8LGBE, rev YAR41BW0, SMART Status: Healthy

WDC WD800JB-00JJC0 [Hard drive] (80,03 GB) -- drive 0, s/n WD-WCAM9A409156, rev 05.01C05, SMART Status: Healthy 512 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'A0' has 512 MB

Slot 'A1' is Empty

local system accounts

Administrateur never (admin)

HelpAssistant never

Invité never

SUPPORT_388945a0 never

I'm desperate.. It cust me 100,00 $. I just want to make DVDs

with fixed family photos using transitions. There are 400 photos and it freezes.

Any help would save my life.....!!???

8 answers to this question

That Celeron should just barely do the work. It is being strained to the max if you try to render the file and burn it at the same time. In MYDVD, when you go to burn, select burn to ISO file (image) and deselect the burn to disc and create folder options. Select the name and location on your hard drive where you want the ISO file. Let it render. After the ISO file is completed, navigate to it and double click. Copier should open and you can copy that ISO file to the disc in the destination location. This method separates the rendering from the burning and works well with marginal computers (no offense). It also seems to make a disc that is compatible with more set top DVD players.

If you cannot make the ISO file, then the project has a problem. A bad image file, one that the program does know the location, a bad transition, or a bad music file or the timing for any of the above. If you can't get the ISO file made, and if you created the project in VideoWave, open VideoWave and add the project. Try rendering from there to a video file, best (or almost best quality). The program will hang when it encounters the bad spot. Note the time and then you can go back to your project and fix what is happening at that time.

It freezes while burning with MYDVD

Here's my pc specs..

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Enclosure Type: Desktop

Processor a Main Circuit Board b

1,70 gigahertz Intel Celeron

I'm desperate.. It cust me 100,00 $. I just want to make DVDs

with fixed family photos using transitions. There are 400 photos and it freezes.

Any help would save my life.....!!???

Very kind from you sknis. I will try everything you proposed me and I will let you know..

Thamk's a lot

I Tried everything you said. It won't even burn the ISO image.

I gess some images in my project are bad as you said. When i open the project containing all the jpg files

nothing mentionning bad images. How can I find them in the project ? Can EMC8 do the check of images ?

That Celeron should just barely do the work. It is being strained to the max if you try to render the file and burn it at the same time. In MYDVD, when you go to burn, select burn to ISO file (image) and deselect the burn to disc and create folder options. Select the name and location on your hard drive where you want the ISO file. Let it render. After the ISO file is completed, navigate to it and double click. Copier should open and you can copy that ISO file to the disc in the destination location. This method separates the rendering from the burning and works well with marginal computers (no offense). It also seems to make a disc that is compatible with more set top DVD players.

If you cannot make the ISO file, then the project has a problem. A bad image file, one that the program does know the location, a bad transition, or a bad music file or the timing for any of the above. If you can't get the ISO file made, and if you created the project in VideoWave, open VideoWave and add the project. Try rendering from there to a video file, best (or almost best quality). The program will hang when it encounters the bad spot. Note the time and then you can go back to your project and fix what is happening at that time.

Very kind from you sknis. I will try everything you proposed me and I will let you know..

Thamk's a lot

Forgot to tell you that I got a NULL MIXER error later on.

Are these fixes useful ?

emc8_nullmixer.exe

emc8_menuencode_hotfix.exe..

I cannot get any support from Sonic. Is that normal ??

what is the null mixer?? I just installed EMC 8 and can't seem to get it to play/preview, and null mixer comes up???

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what is the null mixer?? I just installed EMC 8 and can't seem to get it to play/preview, and null mixer comes up???

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You two could try this, which was posted on these forums. I don't know if it pertains to your situation, but it does for pga044's. At pga044: That computer isn't going to cut it for video work.

[i]MIXER IS NULL ERROR

Mixer is Null Error When Adding Content To VideoWave Project

The information in this article applies to:

Easy Media Creator 8

Applicable Operating Systems:

Windows 2000 Professional

Windows XP Home / Pro / Media Center

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

Issue:

When using VideoWave or MyDVD and adding content to a project you may receive the following error message:

Mixer is Null

Solution:

This can when adding images, video, audio, or other effects to a Videowave project or when using the "Edit Movie" functionality in MyDVD. If you recieve that error you should delete the item you just added to your project which caused the error, save your project, and close VideoWave or MyDVD.

Once all open EMC 8 applications have been closed, download and install the following hotfix:

http://tools.roxio.com/support/c8/emc8_nullmixer.exe

Once the installation is complete you may should launch MyDVD and try to burn your project again.[/i]

That computer isn't going to cut it for video work.

I agree but you may be able to squeak by if you:first make sure all the drivers for your computer are up to date and then :

1) Set your computer (with Windows) to best performance.

2) Clean up your hard drive so you are sure that there is no malware or viruses on the computer.

3) Set you computer to have Windows manage your virtual memory.

4) Disconnect from the INTERNET.

5) Defrag your hard drive.

6) Reboot.

7) Shut down all process that you do not need to run such as anti-virus and anti-malware programs.

8) Shut down your energy savings features.

9) Do the work and let your computer run without interruption.

10) Walk away when it is rendering; do not play games on the computer. Play some golf or go skiing because the rendering will take time. Depends on the length of the slide show but it could easily take all night.

11) When you do go to burn the slide show from MYDVD, chose create ISO file and deselect the other options. This lets your computer work on one thing at a time rather than rendering and burning. If you do not do this, you almost certainly will not be able to complete the burn.

12) When the ISO file is completed, copy that file to your DVD disc.

Read the other posts to see if I forgot to mention something.

Please come back and post if you were successful or if you receive any error message. I would start with a short slide show just to get the feel of it and to see how much time it will take. Always use a RW disc so you can reuse it if there is a problem with the burn or with the project on the disc.

Archived