qyonz

Software Does Not Load

Hi all,

I have a copy of Videowave MC from my old computer (not that old) which i want to use on this cpu. But despite a flawless install, the program will not load. The copy that i own does not ask me for a serial number or anything. It came with my old machine (which was stolen).

I saw a thread around from earlier this month of a guy with the same problem, but those solutions did not work for me. Any ideas? Need more info to have a better idea?

Guest mlpasley
Hi all,

I have a copy of Videowave MC from my old computer (not that old) which i want to use on this cpu. But despite a flawless install, the program will not load. The copy that i own does not ask me for a serial number or anything. It came with my old machine (which was stolen).

I saw a thread around from earlier this month of a guy with the same problem, but those solutions did not work for me. Any ideas? Need more info to have a better idea?

What have you tried?

Do you have WindowsXP and if you do, do you have DEP turned on for all programs? (Type DEP in the Windows Help menu to find out how to turn it off and on.)

What have you tried?

Do you have WindowsXP and if you do, do you have DEP turned on for all programs? (Type DEP in the Windows Help menu to find out how to turn it off and on.)

I saw your post on this same issue and tried turning off DEP for the roxio.exe file. Problem still persists. I have windows XP home.

Other trials include reinstalling many times... turning off internet... installing a trial version downloaded online... umm... i think that's it...

Guest mlpasley

I don't know if that version can be installed on your computer. That's what they call an OEM version and it might have been made for that manufacturer only. I don't work for Roxio, so I don't know how their OEM versions work. It's also possible that the new computer doesn't meet all the specifications for the program or you're having a software conflict.

You can try getting rid of all traces of MC by using dowloading and running RoxioZap and then try reinstalling MC. However, be careful because it will remove other Roxio products. That file is located here: http://tools.roxio.com/support/tools/roxizap.exe

ok, i tried your suggestion and afterwards decided to allow it a good 15 min to load and see if anything at all popped-up... finally i got an error message saying:

"Videowave was unable to load the correct skin file. Please re-install Videowave Movie Creator."

Sound familiar to anyone?

also,

i was searching for possible patches that may help (for the bijillionth time) and ran across this one:

VideoWave Update for Intel Centrio processor-based systems

maybe it'll help? let's find out (i'm feeling really pessimistic right about now...) :)

also, thanks for hanging in there mlpasley... i really appreciate the help

Edited by qyonz

Guest mlpasley
ok, i tried your suggestion and afterwards decided to allow it a good 15 min to load and see if anything at all popped-up... finally i got an error message saying:

"Videowave was unable to load the correct skin file. Please re-install Videowave Movie Creator."

Sound familiar to anyone?

also,

i was searching for possible patches that may help (for the bijillionth time) and ran across this one:

VideoWave Update for Intel Centrio processor-based systems

maybe it'll help? let's find out (i'm feeling really pessimistic right about now...) :)

also, thanks for hanging in there mlpasley... i really appreciate the help

If that's a laptop computer, that update should help. It's definitely worth a try.

Good luck.

IT WORKS!!! WOOOOH :):huh::D:D

that patch did it... this laptop i got last year (the new one) has a intel-centrino processor... for some reason, it needed to be patched... finally!!!

thanks for the suggestions mlpasley

Guest mlpasley
IT WORKS!!! WOOOOH :huh::D:D:D

that patch did it... this laptop i got last year (the new one) has a intel-centrino processor... for some reason, it needed to be patched... finally!!!

thanks for the suggestions mlpasley

You're welcome. I'm glad you found the patch and got it to work. :)

Where is this patch????? I cannot find it anywhere..........

I would also like to know where I can find this patch. I am having the exact same problem as original poster. Please help.

Google "VideoWave Update for Intel Centrio processor-based systems" the first page is a Roxio page with the file. DON'T CLICK TO OPEN THE PAGE!!!! Click on Cached to get the file. It fixed mine also.

Guest mlpasley
Google "VideoWave Update for Intel Centrio processor-based systems" the first page is a Roxio page with the file. DON'T CLICK TO OPEN THE PAGE!!!! Click on Cached to get the file. It fixed mine also.

Now that's clever. I googled it and got 2 cached pages. The centrino patch is here:

Guest ml
Hi

Where can I find this file? I have the same problem... Thanks

I don't know if that file will solve your problem. Do you have a Centrino processor in that computer?

Other things that can cause problems are Internet Explorer 7 and Windows Media Player 11.

VW Movie Creator also won't work on Windows Vista.

More information so that we can try to help you, please.

It won't solve my problem, cause I'm using different version of VideoWave: Movie Creator 5 LE... No, I don't have centrino processor (I have celeron) but everything else is identical to centrino.

Guest ml
It won't solve my problem, cause I'm using different version of VideoWave: Movie Creator 5 LE... No, I don't have centrino processor (I have celeron) but everything else is identical to centrino.

What won't solve your problem?

The download is specifically for centrino processors so even if it was available, it wouldn't solve your problem of the software not loading.

Are you getting any error messages?

If you've installed Internet Explorer 7 or Windows Media Player 11, those programs 'break' VW Movie Creator.

Have you ever been able to use the program? Did it come preinstalled on your computer?

A little more information please and perhaps I can help.