Help with software problems

melon957

Question

I've had this software since August '06. For some time, I had no issues with it and it did a great job at burning DVD slideshows. I use this software when I do a portrait session, so that people who may not have access to a computer, can still view images and make their choices.

A couple months ago, I got an error issue and dvd's would not burn. So I then did a search and downloaded the suggested patch for this. With the patch done, I can burn DVD's again, but now I am missing images in my slideshows. I have never had a problem before, why now? What could have possibly changed to cause this?

I am not exceptionally computer savvy. I know a fair amount, but get lost in the technical stuff easy sometimes... so if you have any solutions, a really simple explanation would be helpful to me.

I am extremely frustrated, as I need to be able to create dvd's and now have no idea how to correct this issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I use MY-DVD to create and burn my slideshows, as I always did it this way in the past with no issues.

Thanx

2 answers to this question

I've had this software since August '06. For some time, I had no issues with it and it did a great job at burning DVD slideshows. I use this software when I do a portrait session, so that people who may not have access to a computer, can still view images and make their choices.

A couple months ago, I got an error issue and dvd's would not burn. So I then did a search and downloaded the suggested patch for this. With the patch done, I can burn DVD's again, but now I am missing images in my slideshows. I have never had a problem before, why now? What could have possibly changed to cause this?

I am not exceptionally computer savvy. I know a fair amount, but get lost in the technical stuff easy sometimes... so if you have any solutions, a really simple explanation would be helpful to me.

I am extremely frustrated, as I need to be able to create dvd's and now have no idea how to correct this issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I use MY-DVD to create and burn my slideshows, as I always did it this way in the past with no issues.

Thanx

What "patch" did you download and from where?.

Also, if you have recently installed Internet Exlorer 7 or WMP 11 they "could" also be a problem.

What "patch" did you download and from where?.

Also, if you have recently installed Internet Exlorer 7 or WMP 11 they "could" also be a problem.

..... after you roll back to IE 6 and WMP 10 as suggested by ogdens,

If you have EMC 8; use VideoWave to create your slide shows and MyDVD to burn them. VideoWave is much more reliable than any of the assistants.

Also check your computer for malware; clean and defrag your hard drive.

Archived