• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

help with error message

shantz24

Question

Hello everyone. I am recieving the dreaded Unspecified Error [0x80004005]. I rolled back to Medial Player 10 but no luck. I dont have IE7 because I despise of any version of IE (just a personal preference). I bought EMC9 about 3 weeks ago and I was burning DVD's just fine but yesterday the error message started. Also when I exit the DVDcopy I get another error message "The instruction at 0x032e1641 referenced memory at 0x03321fa8. The memory could not be read." I saw in another post that EMC9 doesnt usually work with an on board graphics card. Not sure if mine is but it is a Radeon 9100 series. I looked on ATI's website but didnt even see the 9100 listed. Here is the rest of my system:

MSI mainboard

P4- 2.4 Ghz

512 Mb Ram

80 gig hdd

And my burner is an external HP if that makes a difference. Anything would be appreciated. Thanks.

12 answers to this question

I think your graphics are the problem here. As far as I can tell the 9100 is an integrated chipset and probably can't cope (also I think it was designed for DirectX 8.1 and EMC9 requires 9.0c)

http://ati.amd.com/products/radeon9100igp/index.html

You may need to invest in a dedicated card - but there are three varieties of those and you would need to know if your motherboard supports AGP or PCI-e (or is plain PCI)

well if you cant tell im partially computer illilterate so bear with me. i found the mainboard manual and its an 845PE Max. And it says it has Six PCI 2.2 32 bit Master bus slots (support 3.3v/5v). So it appears to just be plain PCI? I know the outputs for my monitor are in a PCI slot but I dont think that means much.

Why would EMC9 work for a few weeks and then just quit? seems kind of odd. Too bad I cant return software to walmart. I'm hoping im not out of the $80 if I cant use this.

I just looked that up and if it's the Max2, it has an AGP slot (a brown slot at the right hand end of the white PCI ones)

I'd recommend an AGP card for there rather than a PCI one (presuming it's a PCI card you have)

If you do have a dedicated card, try here for drivers

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

9100 isn't listed, but 9000 series and generic Radeon are (and most of the ATI drivers are integrated, meaning they just give you one file and the computer gets the parts it needs automatically)

Also, update Directx to 9.0c (December release)

OK, well it is not a MAX2 that I can tell. However, I did update to Directx 9.0c from Microsoft's website and I also downloaded the ATI Catalyst Control Center because it was listed for the few Radeon 9000 series cards I looked at. That told me I needed .Net version 2.0 so I got that from Microsoft and nothing has changed. So I am assuming at this point that I need a new video card/controller whatever the proper term for it is. I popped the cover off of my tower and yes the current video card is in a brown slot and I then looked at the box the MB came in and right on the picture on the box it is labeled AGP 1. Also I did find an article on ATI's website and seen that the Radeon 9100 series only supports DirectX 8.1. Since I updated to 9.0c I have had no problems with the computer so is it ok to have that installed if my video card isnt intended for it?

Without starting a debate over what the best video card is....where do I go from here? And I'd like to thank you for the replies, the help is really appreciated.

just wanted to let everyone know that all problems appear to be fixed. picked up a e-GeForce MX4000 for $40 popped it in, installed the driver and life was good. so my problem was definitely the video card, wonder if thats the source of many of peoples problems? thanks for the help everyone.

Thanks for the feedback

Actually you'd be surprised how often we try telling people that either their drivers or their graphics card just won't cut it.

Glad it's sorted for you and hope you have fun working with it

Hi Shantz24,

Did you get any answer for your problem? I am having the same one. I have owned the "Eeasy" 9 version since Sept. and cannot get it to work.

Did you bother reading this thread? :):huh::D

List your EMC 9 version number. Open Creator Classic, click on Help, then click on About Creator Classic, and list the Build number, here.

Also, list your system specs, similar to how I have mine listed in my signature.

Archived