• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Images not rendered in menu buttons

rologeek

Question

Hi,

I've been attempting to edit a movie and create my first DVD so I have a beginner question. I followed the excellent instructions for creating the movie detailed here.

I added markers in the timeline of the movie and I'm at the point were I want to create chapter menus from the marks.

When I edit the chapters, the markers are found and turned into chapters beautifully:

124402683-M.jpg

However, when I look at the menus that get created instead of seeing a thumbnail of the beginning of the scene in the menu I see this ugly pattern:

124402703-M.jpg

If I add a few chapters to a small movie "by hand" the menus render with thumbnails just as I would expect. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Roland

Thanks kindly for your indulgence of my first post to this forum if I have misplaced this topic.

--

Movie was created with VideoWave 9.

DVD is being created with MyDVD 9.

My system:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer Dell Inc.

System Model Dell DXP051

System Type X86-based PC

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~2793 Mhz

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~2793 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A05, 5/30/2006

Total Physical Memory 4,096.00 MB

Available Physical Memory 2.44 GB

Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

Page File Space 5.34 GB

7 answers to this question

This usually indicates a video card problem. Which card do you have? Have you updated the drivers and make sure you have the latest DirectX.

Thanks for your prompt suggestions (and for all you do on this forum).

My video card is an ATI Radeon X1300. After a little fussing around I managed to upgrade the driver and I installed the latest Direct X from MS, but the rendering of the buttons did not improve.

For the record I upgraded the driver from 8.14 (3/2006) to 8.33 (12/2006) and installed Direct X 9.0 which is the latest available from the Direct X page.

Roland

If you right click on one of those boxes and select "Select thumbnail" can you select one that shows?

I remember that one other person had this problem was was able to fix it with a change to something completely out in left field. :) You might want to search these boards for that. I'll also search and post back what I find.

Here is one discussion.

Thanks to everybody for their input. Sorry my due diligence did not turn this up before I posted, but the disucssion I was directed to by sknis solved my problem. In particular Post #5 details using the "Styles" tab on the "Setting" dialogue when a menu button is selected and putting a check in the "Motion Thumbnail" box.

Thanks again.

Roland

does the same thing happen even if you choose a different button style?

If you right click on one of those boxes and select "Select thumbnail" can you select one that shows?

I remember that one other person had this problem was was able to fix it with a change to something completely out in left field. :) You might want to search these boards for that. I'll also search and post back what I find.

Here is one discussion.

Archived