• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Recorded audio plays back "fast"

thelowedown

Question

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help. I'm transferring some old tapes onto my computer via the Sound Editor.

When it plays it sounds fine, but when I play back the digital recording it sounds like it's playing slightly faster and so the speaker sounds a little "chip-munkish".

I transferred a bunch of stuff a while back and don't remember having this problem. I'm wondering if there is some kind of adjustment that can be made via the sound editor to play it slightly slower so it sounds normal.

Anyone know if there is such an adjustment that can be made?

thanks...

3 answers to this question

Under Tools, click on Effects, then click on Pitch. I don't know if will fix your problem, and even if it does, it is only a band-aid fix for the problem you are now encountering.

Do you Internet Explorer 7 or Windows Media Player 11 installed? If so, dump both of them. They break EMC 7 and EMC 7.5

Thanks for the suggestion. I think the "pitch" effect is listed under the "DeTuner" Effect.

Applying a slight adjustment to the pitch seems to bring the voice to the correct setting. However, it gives a slightly "robotic" kind of effect. so I think you're right, it's a band-aid and I end up having to select: do I want it to sound normal with a voice that is slightly out of pitch, or do I want the voice on the talk to sound normal but the overall tone has a slight "alien" tinge to it.

I do have IE 7.0, but I just upgraded that a few days ago. I started having this problem before that. I have Windows Media Player 10, not 11.

is it possible to fix the problem with an upgraded version of EMC rather than dumping these other programs?

if not, what browser do you recommend and what media player?

thanks...

Thanks for the suggestion. I think the "pitch" effect is listed under the "DeTuner" Effect.

Applying a slight adjustment to the pitch seems to bring the voice to the correct setting. However, it gives a slightly "robotic" kind of effect. so I think you're right, it's a band-aid and I end up having to select: do I want it to sound normal with a voice that is slightly out of pitch, or do I want the voice on the talk to sound normal but the overall tone has a slight "alien" tinge to it.

I do have IE 7.0, but I just upgraded that a few days ago. I started having this problem before that. I have Windows Media Player 10, not 11.

is it possible to fix the problem with an upgraded version of EMC rather than dumping these other programs?

if not, what browser do you recommend and what media player?

thanks...

Uninstall IE7, or you will not be able to use EMC 7.5. It is a dismall piece of junk that MS turned out, and it has wrecked programs besides EMC 7.5.

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help. I'm transferring some old tapes onto my computer via the Sound Editor.

When it plays it sounds fine, but when I play back the digital recording it sounds like it's playing slightly faster and so the speaker sounds a little "chip-munkish".

I transferred a bunch of stuff a while back and don't remember having this problem. I'm wondering if there is some kind of adjustment that can be made via the sound editor to play it slightly slower so it sounds normal.

Anyone know if there is such an adjustment that can be made?

thanks...

Under Tools, click on Effects, then click on Pitch. I don't know if will fix your problem, and even if it does, it is only a band-aid fix for the problem you are now encountering.

Do you Internet Explorer 7 or Windows Media Player 11 installed? If so, dump both of them. They break EMC 7 and EMC 7.5

Archived