No ability to screen capture in Cineplayer (EMC 9)?

broadway309

Question

This may have been covered already, but I have been searching for a while and can't find the answer...

I had EMC 8 and upgraded to EMC 9 recently. In the older version of Cineplayer, there was a little button with a camera on it that allowed me to take screen shots of any scene while watching a DVD. The feature isn't there in the new version!

In fact, I'm not finding half as many options as I had in the old version. Can someone clue me in? Am I completely missing something? Please help!

6 answers to this question

Thank you for the response, but I still can't get it to work. Using the Media Manager, I tried to navigate it to the DVD (and just to clarify, I'm talking about a feature film DVD, not one of my own creations)- and it has two files : VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS. So I went into VIDEO_TS to find the video file, but it only has a bunch of .IFO files and .VOB files, which don't show any video. Maybe we aren't thinking of the same thing? Or I'm still doing something wrong...

any other suggestions?

I think you'll find that a commercial DVD is copy protected and the program won't break that to let you capture.

Workaround - open it up and play it in WMP or Cineplayer, pause when you want the capture and use 'Print Scrn', paste that into a photo-editing program and work from there

I think you'll find that a commercial DVD is copy protected and the program won't break that to let you capture.

Workaround - open it up and play it in WMP or Cineplayer, pause when you want the capture and use 'Print Scrn', paste that into a photo-editing program and work from there

See, that's what I'm so confused/frustrated about. In EMC 8, that little button with the picture of a camera on it worked for ALL DVDs, even commercial ones, and would save it to your desktop and label it for you. I used the stills from my favorite movie moments to paint them blended together.

Also, I did try the old standard "Print Screen" command while paused, and it doesn't work in the new version of Cineplayer either. But it does work in WMP, so I guess that will have to do. I just kind of wish I hadn't upgraded.

Thanks.

This may have been covered already, but I have been searching for a while and can't find the answer...

I had EMC 8 and upgraded to EMC 9 recently. In the older version of Cineplayer, there was a little button with a camera on it that allowed me to take screen shots of any scene while watching a DVD. The feature isn't there in the new version!

In fact, I'm not finding half as many options as I had in the old version. Can someone clue me in? Am I completely missing something? Please help!

You can still do the same thing (and better) if you use Media Manager and play the video. It is 2 down from CinePlayer in the My Media tab. Open it, Navigate to the video file and right click preview or extract image. It actually gives you a better image than the one that you could get from CinePlayer. You can also do this in VideoWave but the images are not as good.

What else are you missing?

Archived