• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast 7=>8 Deja vu won't install

bxl4

Question

I just got version 8 and installed it on my G4 running 10.4.8. Toast itself seems to be fine but when I tried to Install Deja Vu, the installer gets to the point of asking for my admin password and then quitting and asking me to try again later.

"Jan 20 23:15:33 Bill-Ofice-Computer : Install failed: Unable to extract files for DejaVu." is what the log says.

I've tried to reinstall the whole she-bang from the CD but that didn't help any.

Ideas? Thanks.

4 answers to this question

:)

In a similar boat. I downloaded Toast 8 and I don't even have the option to install Deja Vu, I have everything else. I paid full price so I'm not sure what's going on. Tried to do this twice. I have emailed support about this, hopefully they will respond.

Update: I just checked the website of www.propagandaprod.com, the authors of Deja Vu, and the website says there is no universal Binary of Deja Vu yet. So I paid full price for this software and it's missing a key component, and then propagandaprod wants to charge me ANOTHER $10.00 to have ths on my desktop.

I smell a rat. A big one..... :huh::D:D:D:D

Update: I just checked the website of www.propagandaprod.com, the authors of Deja Vu, and the website says there is no universal Binary of Deja Vu yet. So I paid full price for this software and it's missing a key component, and then propagandaprod wants to charge me ANOTHER $10.00 to have ths on my desktop.

I smell a rat. A big one..... :):huh::D:D:D

The version shipping with Toast has been updated to universal.

:)

In a similar boat. I downloaded Toast 8 and I don't even have the option to install Deja Vu, I have everything else. I paid full price so I'm not sure what's going on. Tried to do this twice. I have emailed support about this, hopefully they will respond.

I smell a rat. A big one..... :huh::D:D:D:D

Just uninstalled it from my Intel iMac and installed it on my PowerBook g4 and there it was! GRRRRR! I need it on the iMac!

Just uninstalled it from my Intel iMac and installed it on my PowerBook g4 and there it was! GRRRRR! I need it on the iMac!

DORK, party of me!

I did a clean install of the software and BOOM there was Deja Vu as an option on my iMac. I wish I could say I was under the influence of a mind altering drug to have made such an error but no, just orange juice.

Sorry Roxio. I take back all the bad things I said about you. :)

Archived