• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

my dvd installation problem

khesan

Question

:) I am trying to install my dvd5 from the iomega solution cd.

every time I click install it keeps saying I need windows media playewr 7.1 or higher. I have media player 11 but it just keeps saying same thing and won't install. I havwe even tried installing in safe mode with the same problem. Is there anyone that can help me please. It worked fine on my old computer.

Cheers

Khesan

2 answers to this question

:) I am trying to install my dvd5 from the iomega solution cd.

every time I click install it keeps saying I need windows media playewr 7.1 or higher. I have media player 11 but it just keeps saying same thing and won't install. I havwe even tried installing in safe mode with the same problem. Is there anyone that can help me please. It worked fine on my old computer.

Cheers

Khesan

You'll need to remove WMP 11 and roll back to the prior version (guessing you had v 10 before). WMP 11 (along with IE 7) cause many programs to not install/work correctly. Yours would be one of them.

:) Thanks for your reply Larry. I deleted WMP11 & got WMP10. I am running IE6 annd still getting same message. I am at my wits end trying to figure it out. If I didn't use it so much to make picture slide shows with music I would break it in half lol.

Archived