• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

rdbrannon

Unsubscribe From A Forum

Question

Hello,

I receive new topic notifications for EMC 7.5 Audio and would like to unsubscribe but do not see an unsubscribe option or for that matter, even a subscribe option in "My COntrols". SO how do I do this?

11 answers to this question

Hello,

I receive new topic notifications for EMC 7.5 Audio and would like to unsubscribe but do not see an unsubscribe option or for that matter, even a subscribe option in "My COntrols". SO how do I do this?

I found the way to do this so please disregard.

My controls / Subscriptions / View forums

Hehehehehe, I know. I was just trying to give a little push to the OP to help some other folks, since he/she came here looking for help.

Hehehehehe, I know. I was just trying to give a little push to the OP to help some other folks, since he/she came here looking for help.

I didn't think of doing that, guess I should of. The help section was confusing as it only said to go to subscriptions and unsubscribe, assuming but not explicityly saying one needed to select either View Topics or View Forums.

The unfortunate thing about help files and manuals is that they're written by people who are extremely familiar with the software.

It would not be a silly idea to get a literate person who has never seen the product before, to sit down with a list of things it can do and write the manual while an expert coaches him/her on how to do everything. That way everything would be explicit and anyone could understand the manual.

My controls / Subscriptions / View forums
Anyone having this problem should follow this, then over on the right tick the box beside the subscribed post/thread/forum, and then click unsubscribe with the drop-down menu below.

Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! I was litterally about to kill someone. Ffffffffiiiiiiiinnnnnaaaaaalllllllllyyyyyy!!!!!!

Edited by brendanjnr

Hey Brendon, I have been suggesting your idea of how a manual should be written for years now. Most technical writters have their heads so far into the programs they are trying to write about they really miss the entire point that others that are NOT familiar with the program are the ones that are stuck with their crap and rarely understand.

Frank....

Hey Brendon, I have been suggesting your idea of how a manual should be written for years now. Most technical writters have their heads so far into the programs they are trying to write about they really miss the entire point that others that are NOT familiar with the program are the ones that are stuck with their crap and rarely understand.

Frank....

Frank, that was a very polite way of saying where they really had their heads. :):huh::D:D

The unfortunate thing about help files and manuals is that they're written by people who are extremely familiar with the software.

It would not be a silly idea to get a literate person who has never seen the product before, to sit down with a list of things it can do and write the manual while an expert coaches him/her on how to do everything. That way everything would be explicit and anyone could understand the manual.

Right on! I am so clueless about computers / hardware / software that often after having read the so-called "Help" in the manual I am more confused than ever. That's what makes these forums so valuable. I know I can come here and ask questions and receive answers from experienced users who kindly offer solutions in very basic terms (at my request). It's like having my own personal Help Desk.

Right on! I am so clueless about computers / hardware / software that often after having read the so-called "Help" in the manual I am more confused than ever. That's what makes these forums so valuable. I know I can come here and ask questions and receive answers from experienced users who kindly offer solutions in very basic terms (at my request). It's like having my own personal Help Desk.

A divertissement : I'll label this as less than knowledgeable writers, the economy and the environment. Please, if there are any environmental radicals, don't read and post back.

In my previous life I tried to translate federal and state regulations into English (from semi-legal) and to try to show the regulation writers why certain things are just not possible in real life situations. Certain natural laws (thermodynamics, conservation of energy, etc.) apply regardless of what some of these writers thought. Most of the writers had never been outside a classroom environment and were writing laws that could cost companies millions or billions of $ with no environmental benefits (it would prolong the life of one person living all their life in the middle of a chemical plant and never leaving by a grand total of one week. I worked a lot of hours but did not live in a chemical plant). They would justify the law by estimating that it would only cost consumers 1 cent per pound of product. What they failed to understand was that there were billions of pounds involved and that there were perhaps 10 or 15 other laws applying to that same product with that much cost attached. Take a 5 cent a pound product and apply 15 cent environmental costs and then complain the companies are building plants outside the US.

I'm and environmental conservative but "Jees Guys" enough is enough. I finally retired ! :) I just thought that that might be interesting to write down.