• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Disc Copier closing on it's own

nomorej

Question

I am still fairly new to this and was wondering if anyone can tell me if they would know what the problem is if I am copying a DVD from a file and the moment I go to choose the file to burn, it shuts down the disc copier window? Actually, as soon as I see the files to chose from, it closes. I am not sure if it is a settings issue or what, but I know it worked properly for a while before this occurring for the first time today and I am not getting any error messages.

8 answers to this question

Does it do this with every file or just the same one? If just this one, there's a problem with the file your trying to copy.

Thank you sir, I appreciate your response. It actually occurs prior to picking a file. When the window opens to select a file, it closes before any selection of any of the files. Now, if I actually set up the mouse to click prior to the window opening and click on any file before the closure of the window, then I have no problems. It will stay open at that point. I closes when I don't act quick enough at first and then immediately closes when I open it thereafter. I have talked with a few people and it seems that reinstallation may be the only option. So, until I make it to the house for a reinstallation, I will continue to monitor this forum. The only other thing could be a confliction of something else installed recently. I had installed Sony (first problem) Vegas Movie Studio + DVD which may be capable of the similar functions, which seems to be my father's feelings about the subject. Feel free to tell me I am stupid if you agree with this last idea. I am not only new to forums, but to working this much with computers. Thank you again.

I am having the same problem ... removed IE7 and WMP 11 ... still closes as soon as I go to select anything ... ?? I don't know what happened. This just started and I have been able to use it until the last week in conjunction with IE7 and WMP11 ... any help would be appreciated.

Thank you sir, I appreciate your response. It actually occurs prior to picking a file. When the window opens to select a file, it closes before any selection of any of the files. Now, if I actually set up the mouse to click prior to the window opening and click on any file before the closure of the window, then I have no problems. It will stay open at that point. I closes when I don't act quick enough at first and then immediately closes when I open it thereafter. I have talked with a few people and it seems that reinstallation may be the only option. So, until I make it to the house for a reinstallation, I will continue to monitor this forum. The only other thing could be a confliction of something else installed recently. I had installed Sony (first problem) Vegas Movie Studio + DVD which may be capable of the similar functions, which seems to be my father's feelings about the subject. Feel free to tell me I am stupid if you agree with this last idea. I am not only new to forums, but to working this much with computers. Thank you again.

Are you running IE7 or WMP 11? If so, dump them.

I am still fairly new to this and was wondering if anyone can tell me if they would know what the problem is if I am copying a DVD from a file and the moment I go to choose the file to burn, it shuts down the disc copier window? Actually, as soon as I see the files to chose from, it closes. I am not sure if it is a settings issue or what, but I know it worked properly for a while before this occurring for the first time today and I am not getting any error messages.

Does it do this with every file or just the same one? If just this one, there's a problem with the file your trying to copy.

Archived