• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mac OS Error / Sense Key Errors

Nightfall4

Question

Mac OS Error / Sense Key Error

First to everyone, I am in no shape or way associated with Roxio or Toast. I am a product reviewer for the Central Wisconsin Apple Users group (cwaug.org). I purchased Toast 8 for use with my computer and to review it for the group. I ran it on two computers trying simple data copying and DVD copying. Each time I was receiving an error. Either a Mac OS Error or Sense Key Error.

Freshburn did recommend using a different medium with my problem. I apologize Freshburn but I stuck with the multiple spindles of 100s of Memorex DVD-Rs that I have in my house and office. However I may have found a solution to the problem.

My initial problem was on my laptop where I installed Toast 8.

17” Powerbook G4 OS 10.4.8, 1.33 ghz, 2 gb Memory, and the Matshita DVD-R burner that was installed by Apple.

I used Toast 7 with all updates up until installing Toast 8 without any problem. Once Toast 8 was installed I was getting one out of every 10 disks to burn.

I have been playing around with the settings and I may have come up with a solution.

1. Perform a clean install

This means delete your Toast application

Go into your preference file and delete Roxio’s preferences for Toast

Remove any logs and or plug-ins

2. Reinstall Toast 8

3. Burn your disks at slower settings. Presently I’m now burning at 2x. This may be a little slower then what many of us are used to but so far it seems to be working.

I also installed Toast 8 on a second machine to test it on for my review, (dirty, without a clean install). I was running into the same Mac OS Error and Sense Key Error as I was on my laptop.

I installed it on a Power Mac G4, Dual 1.25 ghz, 1.75 gb memory, with a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-110D Disk burner custom installed by myself.

Once again I deleted the application, preference files, logs and plug-ins related to Roxio and Toast. I then performed a clean install.

The DVD drive on this computer is capable of buring at faster speeds then on my laptop. I set the burn setting for the slower speed of 4x instead of best. So far the application is now burning data to disks without any problem.

So, please try performing clean installs and burning at slower speeds. Hopefully this will help everyone with Mac OS Errors and Sense Key Errors as well.

Jeff - Nightfall4

1 answer to this question

Archived