Do I Need To Update My Emc 7.5 Or Not?

john_d_miller

Question

I just this morning installed EMC 7.5. It is the 10th. Anniversary Edition...the #1 Digital Media Suite and it came boxed wih 2 CDs: the program and the Content CD. Though I bought it through Ebay, I think it must have been sold in a retail store once upon a time. It was unopened...unused.

If I call it up and on the first screen I get, click 'Extras and Utilities' > Roxio Updates, then Updater checks and tells me no updates available at this time.

However, if I go to Roxio.com > Support Software Updates and click EMC v. 7.x, it reads as follows:

Update Easy Media Creator 7 Retail (boxed)

December 14, 2004

Update the Retail (CD-ROM) version of Easy Media Creator 7.0x suite to 7.1.1.189 (English Only). For additional information on fixes included, click here.

So my question is: "Is the online update already on this version of my EMC 7.5 or not?"

5 answers to this question

I just this morning installed EMC 7.5. It is the 10th. Anniversary Edition...the #1 Digital Media Suite and it came boxed wih 2 CDs: the program and the Content CD. Though I bought it through Ebay, I think it must have been sold in a retail store once upon a time. It was unopened...unused.

If I call it up and on the first screen I get, click 'Extras and Utilities' > Roxio Updates, then Updater checks and tells me no updates available at this time.

However, if I go to Roxio.com > Support Software Updates and click EMC v. 7.x, it reads as follows:

December 14, 2004

Update the Retail (CD-ROM) version of Easy Media Creator 7.0x suite to 7.1.1.189 (English Only). For additional information on fixes included, click here.

So my question is: "Is the online update already on this version of my EMC 7.5 or not?"

That update is not for version 7.5. It is for version 7.0. Don't download it.

Guest mlpasley

December 14, 2004

Go to the Extras & Utilities\ About and see which version you have.

My guess would be that you've got the latest version if the updater tells you that there are no updates available.

Go to the Extras & Utilities\ About and see which version you have.

My guess would be that you've got the latest version if the updater tells you that there are no updates available.

======

Imagine you're correct. Help > About > General tab said I had EMC 7 (BUILD 7.5.0.47 enu), clearly highaer than the 7.1.1.189 re the downloadable update of my last post.

======

======

Imagine you're correct. Help > About > General tab said I had EMC 7 (BUILD 7.5.0.47 enu), clearly highaer than the 7.1.1.189 re the downloadable update of my last post.

======

an afterthought...what does enu stand for? Failed to find it in Acronym Finder (at least a likely possibility) and not on the first page of Google.

======

Archived