• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Titles playing out of order/succession

Brian from OKC

Question

I have a MyDVD project with 4 titles. Let's call them A, B, C, and D. When I play the finished product in my DVD player, I want it to play A, then B, then C, then D, then return to main menu.

So after I built the project in MyDVD, I right-clicked on title A and chose "Go To Linked Movie/Menu". The title began playing, and as it played, I clicked the "More Settings" icon. In the "After Playing" box, I clicked "Go To", and in the dropdown I picked title B. Then I repeated this process for the rest of the titles.

I burned the DVD, put it in my DVD player, Title A plays and looks great, but when A is done, it started playing D instead of B. I hadn't yet deleted the MyDVD project on my computer, so I opened it back up and double-checked the settings for A, and it still says "Go to B", so I don't understand why it went to D.

I went into the Preview and played title A all the way through, and when it was done, it played B, just like I want it to in real life. Seems strange that it plays them in the correct order in Preview, but then plays them out of order in my DVD player! Maybe I'm missing something. What can I do to make it play A, B, C, D?

Thanks

Brian

Oklahoma City

1 answer to this question

I have a MyDVD project with 4 titles. Let's call them A, B, C, and D. When I play the finished product in my DVD player, I want it to play A, then B, then C, then D, then return to main menu.

So after I built the project in MyDVD, I right-clicked on title A and chose "Go To Linked Movie/Menu". The title began playing, and as it played, I clicked the "More Settings" icon. In the "After Playing" box, I clicked "Go To", and in the dropdown I picked title B. Then I repeated this process for the rest of the titles.

I burned the DVD, put it in my DVD player, Title A plays and looks great, but when A is done, it started playing D instead of B. I hadn't yet deleted the MyDVD project on my computer, so I opened it back up and double-checked the settings for A, and it still says "Go to B", so I don't understand why it went to D.

I went into the Preview and played title A all the way through, and when it was done, it played B, just like I want it to in real life. Seems strange that it plays them in the correct order in Preview, but then plays them out of order in my DVD player! Maybe I'm missing something. What can I do to make it play A, B, C, D?

Thanks

Brian

Oklahoma City

Hi, Brian

What you described should work, assuming you added each movie in the sequence you want them to play. Other users have reported menu navigation problems after adding titles and then trying to rearrange them. One more thing to try:

1. Open your project in MyDVD.

2. Click File>Project Settings...

3. In the Format window on the left side, under Movie Buttons, click the radio button next to Play Movie and all remaining movies in project. Click OK

Preview your project to ensure it plays like you want. Note, If you click on the settings button for an single title, you should see the Link GO TO button switch to Movie xxx and remaining movies. You may have to go back and change some of the other settings for the individual buttons.

Please let us know if this works, you get it resolved another way, or if you have additional problems.

Hope that helps

Archived