• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No audio on NFL football games (only)?

reedwi

Question

All my programs transfer just fine from Tivo to Mac, with three exceptions...

Over the past two weeks, I've taped 3 NFL football games, and all three of them seemingly transfer fine, but when playing within the Toast Video Player, they have no audio... It's as if the audio is "tuned to an adjacent channel" on an FM radio, there's no static, and a pop or hiss every 2-3 seconds... (i.e. audio is reaching the speakers, but it's not the correct audio for the program)

Again all my other programs are fine, just the football games...

Is this perhaps because of the length of the programs and/or size of the files? Or is Fox Sports encoding something into their signal that prevents decoding of the sound? Or Tivo is doing something because it's a "live sports event" insted of a regular sitcom?

I've tried burning to DVD anyway but, no surprise, there's still no audio...

Personally this is killing me, as two of the games are Chicago Bears playoff games that I'd love to keep for posterity, since this is the second Bears super bowl season in 41 years...

Anyone having a similar problem with, perhaps, large files or long programs?

Thanks much,

Bill

1 answer to this question

All my programs transfer just fine from Tivo to Mac, with three exceptions...

Over the past two weeks, I've taped 3 NFL football games, and all three of them seemingly transfer fine, but when playing within the Toast Video Player, they have no audio... It's as if the audio is "tuned to an adjacent channel" on an FM radio, there's no static, and a pop or hiss every 2-3 seconds... (i.e. audio is reaching the speakers, but it's not the correct audio for the program)

Hi Bill, you've got a PM.

To everyone else, I'm not hiding anything in the PM I just need to gather some more information. :0

Archived