HELP HELP HELP

Little Firefly

Question

Hi all,

I have just spent 3 days doing my very first slideshow, and it looks FANTASTIC (if I don't say so myself). However, we burnt it to DVD-RW and when we play it, the photos (and my text) is cut off. I even have a black color panel with some words written (no photo) and the sides are cut off the words!

Not sure what you call it but when you are doing the menu part of the dvd, you can see the "safe zone" for TV. How do we change the "safe zone"? I am guessing this is where we are going wrong.

HELP HELP HELP I am really annoyed as I have spent so long doing my slideshow and I can't burn it properly!

FYI, we have a plasma, and I have tried changing the views on the plasma, but it isn't this. I have also played it on our normal TV and it still cuts the sides and the top off the photos.

Thanks so much for your help!

1 answer to this question

Hi all,

I have just spent 3 days doing my very first slideshow, and it looks FANTASTIC (if I don't say so myself). However, we burnt it to DVD-RW and when we play it, the photos (and my text) is cut off. I even have a black color panel with some words written (no photo) and the sides are cut off the words!

Not sure what you call it but when you are doing the menu part of the dvd, you can see the "safe zone" for TV. How do we change the "safe zone"? I am guessing this is where we are going wrong.

HELP HELP HELP I am really annoyed as I have spent so long doing my slideshow and I can't burn it properly!

FYI, we have a plasma, and I have tried changing the views on the plasma, but it isn't this. I have also played it on our normal TV and it still cuts the sides and the top off the photos.

Thanks so much for your help!

It is called tv overscan. You can "crop" you pictures, in bulk, with a neat little free program called Image Cropper. You can get it here:

http://www.darkwood.demon.co.uk/PC/crop.htm

Archived