• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
deblackseal

System Cannot Read From Specified Device

Question

When i load my CD which i purchased from Walmart. The auto installer starts etc. however after about 30 secs i get a message that the system cannot read from the specified device. Roxio support is hopeless especially Roxann. Anyway, what do i do now. Please help ! It appears my dvd drive cannot read the installation CD which i cannot believe

3 answers to this question

When i load my CD which i purchased from Walmart. The auto installer starts etc. however after about 30 secs i get a message that the system cannot read from the specified device. Roxio support is hopeless especially Roxann. Anyway, what do i do now. Please help ! It appears my dvd drive cannot read the installation CD which i cannot believe

1) Open your CD/DVD drive and insert the EMC 8 program disc but doesn't close the drawer yet

2) Hold down the left shift key on your keyboard and close the CD/DVD drive drawer

3) Don't let go of the shift key for 5-10 seconds, that should bypass the autorun

4) Now try copying the contents of the CD to a folder on your hard disk

If that works, try installing from that folder on the hard drive.

If that fails you may want to try to wipe off any fingerprints/smudges gently using a non-abrasive cloth.

If you're still having trouble the next step is to back to Walmart and get a replacement box/disc....

1) Open your CD/DVD drive and insert the EMC 8 program disc but doesn't close the drawer yet

2) Hold down the left shift key on your keyboard and close the CD/DVD drive drawer

3) Don't let go of the shift key for 5-10 seconds, that should bypass the autorun

4) Now try copying the contents of the CD to a folder on your hard disk

If that works, try installing from that folder on the hard drive.

If that fails you may want to try to wipe off any fingerprints/smudges gently using a non-abrasive cloth.

If you're still having trouble the next step is to back to Walmart and get a replacement box/disc....

Thanks for that, it all went fine until it got to the following file....Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 Suite.msi....after a few seconds an error occured as follows...cannot copy Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 Suite: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). Is there any way around this or do i have to return the software?

Thanks for that, it all went fine until it got to the following file....Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 Suite.msi....after a few seconds an error occured as follows...cannot copy Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 Suite: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). Is there any way around this or do i have to return the software?

Well you can try cleaning the disc off as mentioned above, or try to read it in a different CD/DVD drive, but it sounds more then likely that you'll need a replacement disc...