• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

cant burn folder of images, any suggestions

tommcconville

Question

I'm trying to burn a folder of images...around 13,000 low res images that total 2.6 gb , ive tried toast 6 & toast 7 but none were able to burn it,they just got hung up and gave me the spinning beach ball, obviously toast has a maximum number of files that it will burn, which i assume 13,000 is over its limit, is there a workaround to this or does toast 8 enable the burning of a large number of files like im trying to burn, im kinda in a desperate situation being these 13,000 preview images are for my image archive and im wanting to back them up to dvd as well as on the hard drive, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers to this question

I don't have any knowledge with file limits, but I believe you could make archives of your photos and then burn those archives to disc. There is a contextual menu in the Finder for creating archives of selected files and folders.

The maximum file limit for any folder is over 32,000. His is an HFS+ limit. Toast has the same limitations as the Finder.

When do you see the hang, when burning or when adding the files. Either way, it takes time to add the files, and it also takes time to generate the TOC for many files, especially a hybrid disc with many similar file names. I suggest giving Toast some time to do it's work.

If it hangs for hours, that's a problem. Toast 8 shows a progress bar now when verifying files at burn. Toast 7 would just show the beach ball. However, if there is an issue, that doesn't mean Toast 8 will work over Toast 7.

Archived