• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Not able to backup if files are in use

Juan Dent

Question

Hello,

I was very excited about EMC 9, and last night I tried a full system backup (at least selecteed my main hard drive and all its contents including system state) and also enabled "Enable busy files to be backed up".

This morning I got the disappointing error message:

Backup Job Started - 22-01-07 9:16:47PM

Backup Device: File Backup Device

Backup Product: Sonic Backup MyPC 7.0.0 700B62A

Backup Type: Full - all selected files backed up will be marked as archived

Backup Media: MyBackup 00001.qic - 22-01-07 9:16PM (K:\Roxio Backups from VAIO\Full system backups\MyBackup 00001.qic)

Unable to create a snapshot (shadow) copy of files that may be in use, reverting to no snapshot backup.

(8007139F) : The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.

What did I do wrong? :) Is what I want not possible with EMC 9? Should I install Backup MyPC Deluxe Suite 6?

Is the bakup engine in that later software different (better/worse) than the one included with EMC 9?

Thanks,

Juan Dent

2 answers to this question

The key question here is why did I get this error:

Unable to create a snapshot (shadow) copy of files that may be in use, reverting to no snapshot backup.

(8007139F) : The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.

That's all my question means.

Please help!

Juan

See your other thread.

Hello,

I was very excited about EMC 9, and last night I tried a full system backup (at least selecteed my main hard drive and all its contents including system state) and also enabled "Enable busy files to be backed up".

This morning I got the disappointing error message:

Backup Job Started - 22-01-07 9:16:47PM

Backup Device: File Backup Device

Backup Product: Sonic Backup MyPC 7.0.0 700B62A

Backup Type: Full - all selected files backed up will be marked as archived

Backup Media: MyBackup 00001.qic - 22-01-07 9:16PM (K:\Roxio Backups from VAIO\Full system backups\MyBackup 00001.qic)

What did I do wrong? :) Is what I want not possible with EMC 9? Should I install Backup MyPC Deluxe Suite 6?

Is the bakup engine in that later software different (better/worse) than the one included with EMC 9?

Thanks,

Juan Dent

The key question here is why did I get this error:

That's all my question means.

Please help!

Juan

Archived