• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

hrodkin

blue screen

Question

When I booted up this morning the computer crashed and I got the blue screen. When i rebooted I was directed to Microsoft and got the following as cause of the crash. I'm using Roxio Record Now Plus.

"Problem caused by Sonic Solutions CD/DVD Recording Software Component (DRVMCDB.SYS)

This problem was caused by Sonic Solutions CD/DVD Recording Software Component (DRVMCDB.SYS). Sonic Solutions CD/DVD Recording Software Component (DRVMCDB.SYS) was created by Sonic Solutions."

When I booted up this morning the computer crashed and I got the blue screen. When i rebooted I was directed to Microsoft and got the following as cause of the crash. I'm using Roxio Record Now Plus.

"Problem caused by Sonic Solutions CD/DVD Recording Software Component (DRVMCDB.SYS)

This problem was caused by Sonic Solutions CD/DVD Recording Software Component (DRVMCDB.SYS). Sonic Solutions CD/DVD Recording Software Component (DRVMCDB.SYS) was created by Sonic Solutions."

Did you recently install another similar program that might conflict with RecordNow?

Try a repair install and see if that helps.

Did you recently install another similar program that might conflict with RecordNow?

Try a repair install and see if that helps.

No I didn't. What is a repair install? Through add/delete programs?

Thanks,

Howard

Unfortunately this is a known issue that requires a new installer. I have sent you a private message with a new download.

Sorry for the inconvenience, no one likes blue screens.

Unfortunately this is a known issue that requires a new installer. I have sent you a private message with a new download.

Hi - I'm also getting the same error :) Any chance of posting the download link here?

Thanks,

Russ.

Hello I am having exactly the same problem. I have MyDVD 5.0.0 and RecordNow 6.5.0. Dell Dimension DIM 4600, Pentium 4, 1G RAM, 111 GB HD, 500 GB External HD, Hauppage WinTV USB2, Windows XP,

Before this gets out of hand, take note before posting:

1) This software fix I'm sending out on a per user basis fixes a blue screen or error messages relating to SSRTLN.SYS or DRVMCDB.SYS. Nothing else.

2) This fix only applies to Windows XP. Vista users - you should see this: http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000131CR

3) If you received this problem just after a Windows update please see the above link, the fix may not help for this problem. Check the article for details.

UPDATE (2/26) - Due to the popularity of this thread, I will now have to require a registered email address to ensure your ownership of the software. You register the software the first time you open it so you may be registered and not even know it. Otherwise, in any Sonic application go to Help -> Register. If you do not want to post your email address on this public forum, please send me a PM with your email address and I'll respond with the link, assuming everything checks out.

Doc and Ladytech, I sent you an PM

Edited by Kevin J

I am also getting the blue screen and am unable to boot since erasing pxhelp20.sys and drvmcdb.sys from my driver folder. I found pxhelp20.sys on my installation disk and copied it to the driver folder (with the XP repair option and command prompt) but I can't find drvmcdb.sys anywhere. Could you possibly send me a copy of the drvmcdb.sys file? I can't boot up without it.

---------------------------

(Edited 2/22/07) I got the driver from another EMC8 user, so you can ignore this request.

Edited by mishman

Hello Kevin.

Yep... I get the blue screen of death too, but only recently and repeatedly.

I have not installed any new hardware on the computer.

The machine is a Dell Dimension XPS Gen 3 that came preloaded with

Sonic Record Now. The operating system is windows xp media edition.

The BSOD error message points to DRVMCDB.SYS.

So anything you can do woul be greatly appreciated.

1) This software fix I'm sending out on a per user basis fixes a blue screen or error messages relating to SSRTLN.SYS or DRVMCDB.SYS. Nothing else.

2) This fix only applies to Windows XP. Vista users - you should see this: http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000131CR

3) If you received this problem just after a Windows update please see the above link, the fix may not help for this problem. Check the article for details.

I've got the same problem. Could I get the link...?

Thanks,

grimmer

Have the same problem, can you send me the fix?

Believe I have the same problem:

MyDVD studio 6.1 on Vista

3 different blue screens:

SSRTLN.sys

BAD_POOL_CALLER

REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

Some blue screens sare related to DVD eject

Thanks - Please send fix if it will help

Believe I have the same problem:

MyDVD studio 6.1 on Vista

3 different blue screens:

SSRTLN.sys

BAD_POOL_CALLER

REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

Some blue screens sare related to DVD eject

Thanks - Please send fix if it will help

Please read above what this is a fix for. Those error messages are NOT the ones you posted. Applying non-applicable fixes will screw you up more.

Edited by sknis

Please read above what this is a fix for. Those error messages are NOT the ones you posted. Applying non-applicable fixes will screw you up more.

I was asking because of Kevin J's comment about SSRTLN.SYS as one of the symptoms that the fix is for. That is one of the blue screens in my list.

Turns out that DLA MAY be responsible for the BAD_POOL_CALLER. Found a reference in another thread about that and applied. We'll see if that is enough or if I'm seeing multiple problems.

Good afternoon. I appear to be having the same BSOD problem, running a Dell dual core 3.2 Ghz with 2G of ram and Windows XP SP2. I have MyDVD Dlx 5.2. Can you please direct me to the patch? Thanks very much.

I was asking because of Kevin J's comment about SSRTLN.SYS as one of the symptoms that the fix is for. That is one of the blue screens in my list.

Turns out that DLA MAY be responsible for the BAD_POOL_CALLER. Found a reference in another thread about that and applied. We'll see if that is enough or if I'm seeing multiple problems.

I am writing about the solution to the blue screen crashes that Kevin discussed earlier in this chain.

I have a Dell using Windows XP that periodically suffers the BSOD. The error messages always reference sstrln.sys as the culprit. I do use Sonic DLA lot to transfer jpeg files to a CD for storage. I am hoping that the solution that Kevin has sent to some users may be the upgrade that I need to eliminate this .

Please send me this fix . I think I meet the criteria that Kevin laid out earlier.

bobcasey

Sorry I couldn't take care of these sooner.

Misham, imtired, grimmer, eldarn, coreopsis, phenning, bobcasey - You all have PMs.

Let me know if I missed anyone

Rms - like sknis posted, your problem does not apply to this fix. Applying this fix could very likely make matters worse. DLA is unsupported in Vista. You should uninstall it immedietely.

I have the same problem and have tried desperately to correct it - the message I receive from Windows Error Reporting is "Problem caused by Sonic Solutions CD/DVD Recording Component (DRVMCDB.SYS)

I have Sonic MyDVD loaded for copying and backup but if this continues will have to seek more stable solution! Unfortunately here in Spain it is more difficult to find reliable solutions!

I am having the same problem

I am also having the same problem. I'm using a Windows XP computer, preloaded with MyDVD version 5.0 LE and RecordNow!. I got the BSOD with a reference to drvmcdb.sys.

Just a reminder...

UPDATE (2/26) - Due to the popularity of this thread, I will now have to require a registered email address to ensure your ownership of the software. You register the software the first time you open it so you may be registered and not even know it. Otherwise, in any Sonic application go to Help -> Register. If you do not want to post your email address on this public forum, please send me a PM with your email address and I'll respond with the link, assuming everything checks out.

If you want this problem to go away and don't care about having DLA installed, simply uninstalling DLA will fix the issue. DLA is a stand alone product that does not affect any other software. If you don't use it, there is no need for having it installed.

I need a registered email address. I've sent you both a PM beagle boy and lunaslair.

Edited by Kevin J