Audio To Cell Phone

kyredleg24

Question

12 answers to this question

Sorry you cannot take that short cut. You need to get the audio tracks onto your computer using Creator Classic (folder of your choice), convert them to mp3 files and then use Creator Classic to "copy" them to the flash card.

If that is what you are doing, make sure that your card is properly formatted using your phone and that the reader/writer is connected to your USB port and is recognized as a removeable drive.

What, exactly are you having trouble with?

I also bought the I870 and am having trouble getting music files onto my flash card. When I click copy tracks from audio cd instead of each one takin a min to load it goes through the whole cd in seconds. Then it doesnt even copy the files to my card. If you can please help me I would really appreciate it!!

Sorry you cannot take that short cut. You need to get the audio tracks onto your computer using Creator Classic (folder of your choice), convert them to mp3 files and then use Creator Classic to "copy" them to the flash card.

If that is what you are doing, make sure that your card is properly formatted using your phone and that the reader/writer is connected to your USB port and is recognized as a removeable drive.

What, exactly are you having trouble with?

Yea thats what I am doin, it worked the first couple of times but now it just converts it in like a second but it doesnt put it on my flash card and there is no error message or anything, I wonder if there is somethin wrong with my flashcard

Now grandpabruce, I need to show off. I did a lot of research on this and the posts went bye-bye with the changeover to the new boards. :huh:

To the original poster, You received a card reader/writer with that phone. Plug it into a USB port on your computer and the flash card into that. Your computer should recognize that as a removable drive. Open Creator Classic (again, you got this with the phone) and add the music you want to the list. Use mp3 files so you can get a lot onto that flash card. Now when you go to burn, select that drive to burn the music to. The number of music cuts depends on the size of the files and the size of the card. :D

The only thing you may need help on is formatting the card if it isn't already formatted. I believe you do that with your phone. If you can't figure it out, go back to the store where you bought it and have them format it for you. If it came in the phone, it should already be formatted. :) Note: This is not the sims card with phone numbers on it.

hey everyone, i just got me a new phone, motorola i870....and i want to put audio songs on my phone to use for when someone calls listen too...it comes with the mp3 player....can anyone help me to get this goin, i've tried the support cd, just can't figure it out....thanks

Ok I also have the i870 I recently learned how to put song (mp3‘s)on my phone. Just follow these directions open Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 Basic VCD Edition then click on Copy tracks from audio cd…you will need a cd to do this I don’t know how you get songs from my comp as of yet…insert the cd the song should come up but if they don’t just click on the side where it said Audio cd (f:) the you have to connect you usb and the adapter and the Sandisk thingy….the check on the songs you want then click on copy from audio cd. Where it says copy to you look in one of your removable disk’s open it and AUDIO IMAGE AND VIDEO WILL APPEAR. YOU CLICK ON AUDIO AND MAKE SURE that the file type is im one of the mp3’s fraunhofer, the compression setting is at constant bite and 128 kbps, filling naming structure is at title and press start …it worked for me I hope it works for you! If you have any questions just email me prettylnpynk@yahoo.com

Hey this is a good fourm im having the same problem.... my memory card is not full and has nothing on it... i get to the point where i can pick my mp3 files and add them to my project list and my computer recognizes the removable disc... i go to my computer and see disc drive f which is removable but when i click burn it acts like im burning it to a cd and in the destinations check box it only shows my E drive which is one of the cd drives on my computer and it is checked but it doesnt show the f drive how do i copy the songs to the f drive then.... please please help on this one i have sat on the comp for hours now and still no luck!! thanks

hey everyone, i just got me a new phone, motorola i870....and i want to put audio songs on my phone to use for when someone calls listen too...it comes with the mp3 player....can anyone help me to get this goin, i've tried the support cd, just can't figure it out....thanks

Contact Motorola. They should be able to tell you how to do that.

Perhaps you can modify your rant to Nextel doesn't care. :) They are the ones that should be providing technical support for their product. Just how much did you pay for the Roxio program Vs what you paid for the phone? Gee, down two hundred dollars - if that is giving them away, please send me one. :D perhaps the one that you can't get to work?

The last time I looked there was a very thick manual on how to do everything. One poster put a link to it on the site and I read it. It was very clear. The link is now gone. Have you read it?

Rather than ranting, how about posting some information about what problems you are having? Is the card formatted, Do you see it as a removable drive in Creator Classic. Are you trying to burn music that you bought from an on line site or downloaded from a sharing program? Are they in a standard mp3 format? Have you checked to see if the card is not damaged? Put it in your reader/writer and then try to copy anything to it using Windows or just try to read from it. If the card is damaged or not formatted properly Windows will give you an error message.

There are about 20 other questions I can ask but you'll probably not read them and/or respond anyway. :huh:

Will a few people from Nextel or people who have dome this successfully please respond with what worked for you. I'd hate to start a poll. :D

Easy Media Creator? Adding audio to the Nextel i870 is impossible! No wonder they're bascially GIVING the phones away (down $200) in last 6 months. I have the i870 and still have yet to find someone who can give directions on how to add audio to the memory card. It seems as if Roxio is all about "buring CD-R's" and could care less about the mobile users.

Now grandpabruce, I need to show off. I did a lot of research on this and the posts went bye-bye with the changeover to the new boards. :huh:

To the original poster, You received a card reader/writer with that phone. Plug it into a USB port on your computer and the flash card into that. Your computer should recognize that as a removable drive. Open Creator Classic (again, you got this with the phone) and add the music you want to the list. Use mp3 files so you can get a lot onto that flash card. Now when you go to burn, select that drive to burn the music to. The number of music cuts depends on the size of the files and the size of the card. :D

The only thing you may need help on is formatting the card if it isn't already formatted. I believe you do that with your phone. If you can't figure it out, go back to the store where you bought it and have them format it for you. If it came in the phone, it should already be formatted. :) Note: This is not the sims card with phone numbers on it.

I also bought the I870 and am having trouble getting music files onto my flash card. When I click copy tracks from audio cd instead of each one takin a min to load it goes through the whole cd in seconds. Then it doesnt even copy the files to my card. If you can please help me I would really appreciate it!!

Unfortunately pretty posting your e-mail address is not a good idea. There are search engines ou there that will pick it up and start sending you more spam. Not to mention some other unsavory people. First, you can edit you message to delete the e-mail address. The poster can send you a PM (private message) if they want your e-mail address.

Is it full?

Yea thats what I am doin, it worked the first couple of times but now it just converts it in like a second but it doesnt put it on my flash card and there is no error message or anything, I wonder if there is somethin wrong with my flashcard

Easy Media Creator? Adding audio to the Nextel i870 is impossible! No wonder they're bascially GIVING the phones away (down $200) in last 6 months. I have the i870 and still have yet to find someone who can give directions on how to add audio to the memory card. It seems as if Roxio is all about "buring CD-R's" and could care less about the mobile users.

I would hope that that would be the case. Contact Nextel and ask them how you format their card so it will show up in the software that THEY provided you, with the phone. These forums are not telephone forums.

Archived