• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC 7 re-install

fonemax

Question

I'm trying to re-install emc 7 on a win 2000 machine. I originally had everything working properly. I downloaded a codec and no more EMC. I uninstalled codec, emc et all. Re-installed EMC 7. Re-install completed properly.

When I run Drag-to-Disc I get the following error:

" Drag-to-Disc could not start because components necessary to run are missing.

Please re-install Drag-to-Disc. "

Tried to un-install, repair, and re-install to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Regards

8 answers to this question

Loks like most people all of a sudden are having lot's & lots of problems with Roxio EMC as I have been all of a sudden. Been 3 days now & nothing I've tried has brought back the several functions in Roxio that worked just fine. Downloaded & installed & removed the latest NAPSTER ver 3.8.0.9 even as this site suggests. Nothing that this board suggests has restored these functions. These functions are...the Drag-to-Disc, Disk Copier, Copy Data Disk, Copy Files To Disc, Create Backup Project, Copy Audio CD, Copy Tracks, Create New CD, Create MP3 Disc. The other functions work. Who ever in this community knows anything about the "API" & "Dragon Engine Failed" will solve everyones problem.

Looks like most people all of a sudden are having lot's & lots of problems with Roxio EMC as I have been all of a sudden. Been 3 days now & nothing I've tried has brought back the several functions in Roxio that worked just fine. Downloaded & installed & removed the latest NAPSTER ver 3.8.0.9 even as this site suggests. Nothing that this board suggests has restored these functions. These functions are...the Drag-to-Disc, Disk Copier, Copy Data Disk, Copy Files To Disc, Create Backup Project, Copy Audio CD, Copy Tracks, Create New CD, Create MP3 Disc. The other functions work. Who ever in this community knows anything about the "API" & "Dragon Engine Failed" will solve everyones problem.

It has been posted a few times

There ARE posts dealing with Dragon Engine (do a search for dragon engine)

Also - if you 'updated' to Internet Explorer 7 and/or Windows Media Player 11, either of those will basically trash EMC 7 (and 8), so if you got them - remove them

IE7 came in as a 'critical' update so if you were running auto-update, then it installed without your say-so

It has been posted a few times

There ARE posts dealing with Dragon Engine (do a search for dragon engine)

Also - if you 'updated' to Internet Explorer 7 and/or Windows Media Player 11, either of those will basically trash EMC 7 (and 8), so if you got them - remove them

IE7 came in as a 'critical' update so if you were running auto-update, then it installed without your say-so

Actually, I think Windows Update or Microsoft Update still ask you if you really want to install IE7 even if you have auto-update on - at least it did to me, and I declinde. Did not know about WMP 11 conflicting with EMC 7 (and 8). Any problems with EMC 9 & WMP 11?

Loks like most people all of a sudden are having lot's & lots of problems with Roxio EMC as I have been all of a sudden. Been 3 days now & nothing I've tried has brought back the several functions in Roxio that worked just fine. Downloaded & installed & removed the latest NAPSTER ver 3.8.0.9 even as this site suggests. Nothing that this board suggests has restored these functions. These functions are...the Drag-to-Disc, Disk Copier, Copy Data Disk, Copy Files To Disc, Create Backup Project, Copy Audio CD, Copy Tracks, Create New CD, Create MP3 Disc. The other functions work. Who ever in this community knows anything about the "API" & "Dragon Engine Failed" will solve everyones problem.

You need to figure what you did to your computer to cause EMC not to work, since it worked a few days ago.

Archived