Static In Final Production

asandull

Call me the problem child because nothing seems to be working for me lately... Problem upon problem...

I created a 3 part movie in Videowave. I tried to burn it using MY DVD. I recieved this error:

Could not complete last command because the data rate of this file is too high for DVD you must replace the file with one of a lower data rate (dvdErr, z0404) PGC info: name=movie 2 ref =SApgc,time=392.112

I cant imagine why I would get this error since I've the length of the entire production would have only been a maximum of 20 minutes... All files are AVI. files and MPEG's.

So, I decided to burn it using Videowave's templates.

After the burn (preview playback was fine) I played it on my DVD player and it is playing with a static noise throughout. I've been going crazy with this all day in hopes to figure it out myself... NO SUCH LUCK!

I made a change recently to the location that prepares the disc contents. In options I've chosen F:Roxio\videowaveMC

I've been using Memorex DVD/RW's and having no luck with them either... It burns once, I erase it and burn it again and It doesnt play back... My player tells me its a bad DVD... :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest mlpasley

Did you have any of these problems before you changed the location that prepares the disk contents to the F:\ drive?

It's always best to keep as much of your current production on your main drive as possible. If there is a problem with the speed that the computer can write to that drive, you'll get errors and it might affect the sound.

Why it wouldn't burn with MyDVD, I have no clue.

Did you have any of these problems before you changed the location that prepares the disk contents to the F:\ drive?

It's always best to keep as much of your current production on your main drive as possible. If there is a problem with the speed that the computer can write to that drive, you'll get errors and it might affect the sound.

Why it wouldn't burn with MyDVD, I have no clue.

I dont remember when I changed the location but I've rendered and burned DVD's since then. I changed the location to a 300gb external hard drive where I store all of my photos, videos and music there. How can see what speed its writing to my EHD? I'll play around in Options and see if I can find the speed... i'm going to try to burn a different movie and see what happens.

Guest mlpasley

Trying another production is a good idea. There might be something corrupt in one of the files in this production.

Do you defragment your hard drive frequently?

Trying another production is a good idea. There might be something corrupt in one of the files in this production.

Do you defragment your hard drive frequently?

Hi there... I told you I'm a problem child... I just tried to burn another movie and when the Erase contents dialog box came up, I clicked ok to erase and now its stuck doing nothing at 0%. This is a problem I run into often even when I dont have to erase the disk... It will stay at 0% the entire time and the only way I can open the drive to get the disk out is by shutting down my computer...That's another problem in itself...

But yes, I actually defragged my computer yesterday... I did a disk clean up as well... Not sure what the difference is but I did both.

I'm off to bed, I'll try this again tomorrow... Thank you!!!! Goodnight! :)

Guest mlpasley
Also tried a uninstall/ reinstall... That didnt work either... I cant be the only one who had this problem with video editing software... :)

Thanks in advance for advice!!

Let's go back and review. If I understand correctly, you're using Movie Creator and you've burned successfully in the past, but all of a sudden things aren't working correctly. Is that correct?

Have you done the basics.... checking for spyware with at least two different programs like LavaSoft's AdAware SE and Spybot Search and Destroy..... defragmenting your hard drive..... checking for updates for your DVD burner from the computer/DVD burner manufacturer's website.....disconnecting from the internet and turning off all virus and firewall programs?

Are you using the same brand of DVDs that you've burned in the past? Does the DVD burner manufacturer have any 'testing' software that you can test that burner? This might be a problem with the DVDs or burner itself.

Let's go back and review. If I understand correctly, you're using Movie Creator and you've burned successfully in the past, but all of a sudden things aren't working correctly. Is that correct?

Have you done the basics.... checking for spyware with at least two different programs like LavaSoft's AdAware SE and Spybot Search and Destroy..... defragmenting your hard drive..... checking for updates for your DVD burner from the computer/DVD burner manufacturer's website.....disconnecting from the internet and turning off all virus and firewall programs?

Are you using the same brand of DVDs that you've burned in the past? Does the DVD burner manufacturer have any 'testing' software that you can test that burner? This might be a problem with the DVDs or burner itself.

You are correct. It's an all of the sudden thing. I've used this program for years and just recently, starting with the video I was making for my mother, I came into all of these different problems.

These are all things I did not think to do... I did defrag but I havent tried everything else... I have AdAware Se but it was installed about 2 years ago. Maybe I should update it? I'll look into all of these things... You are a tremendous help. Thank you so much! :)

Archived