• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

VideoWave Rendering Hang

Jinga

Question

I have put together a short movie in VideoWave (1:30) and want to output it as a video file (MPEG, AVI, MOV it doesn't matter). When I choose output and then select create video the "rendering" screen comes up, but it remains blank and the program hangs. I have to use the Task Manager to shut the program down. I usually give it 15 minutes but there is no progress.

My system meets the minimum requirements (2 GB processor and 512MB Ram). I have updated the video drivers, installed DirectX 9 and do not have IE7.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to get the program to render?

Thanks.

9 answers to this question

For what it is worth, I am having the exact same problem (hanging at 0% when rendering). I have a Dell Latitude D620.

After reading this thread, I will re-install my video drivers. I do have IE version 7. How important is it to uninstall it (btw... will version 6 work?). Also, how do I tell if I have DirectX9 installed?

Many thanks

I went through the process last night. The test set the rendering to Hardware. I then tried outputting several movies to MPEG-1 format with success. I have not tried other formats but my earlier failure could have something to do with outputting to AVI, which I did not realize was a large, uncompressed format.

Thanks for your help, now if I could only figure out my VOB issues... http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=16309

1) I do not know the specs of my video adapter, how do I find that out?

2) I will check on what the rendering is set to, should it be hardware or software?

3) I downloaded the latest driver for Windows XP from NVIDIA yesterday.

1) Go into your Control Panel, select System, go the the Hardware tab and select Device Manager. In Device Manager find your Display Adapters listing, expand it, right click on what's listed, and select Properties. You should now have the properties window for yur video adapter on the screen. List what it says (like my pic example has RADEON IGP 345M showing).

2) The test will and what your video card is will determine that. If it gets set to software by the test, chances are it doesn't fully support directX9, and may even be an on board video adapter.

3) use the steps in 1) and list the Driver Version it shows.

post-71-1169759715.jpg

I have put together a short movie in VideoWave (1:30) and want to output it as a video file (MPEG, AVI, MOV it doesn't matter). When I choose output and then select create video the "rendering" screen comes up, but it remains blank and the program hangs. I have to use the Task Manager to shut the program down. I usually give it 15 minutes but there is no progress.

My system meets the minimum requirements (2 GB processor and 512MB Ram). I have updated the video drivers, installed DirectX 9 and do not have IE7.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to get the program to render?

Thanks.

By your highlighted statement, are you saying that the preview screen is black and the progress sits at 0%?

If that's the case, then that is usually fixed by reinstalling your video adapter drivers. You state you have updated them, so I'll guess for now that you downloaded them from the card mfg site (MS updates do not give you current ones). Re-install them by first uninstalling them, reboot the pc, then install the new ones, then reboot again. Now when you open Videowave or MyDVD, it should give you a message about re-analyzing your video card. See if that works now.

That is exactly what I did (I downloaded new drivers from NVIDIA, uninstalled existing, rebooted and installed new ones and rebooted again) and Videowave did do some analysis and calibration when I opened it (black flashing screen with this white box that got bigger and smaller), but when I went to render it gave me the black screen and no progress. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you.

That is exactly what I did (I downloaded new drivers from NVIDIA, uninstalled existing, rebooted and installed new ones and rebooted again) and Videowave did do some analysis and calibration when I opened it (black flashing screen with this white box that got bigger and smaller), but when I went to render it gave me the black screen and no progress. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you.

What are the specs of your video adapter?

Which version driver did you download from NVidia's site?

In Videowave, if you go to Tools -> Options, is the rendering set to hardware or software?

oooh. i get this problem sometimes too...it just hangs at 48%, and i've left on for an entire day. my video card i 7950 GT with 512mb RAM, and the setting is set to hardware...

Doesn't sound like the same issue to me. The OP doesn't get past 0%. You could try the uninstall/reboot/reinstall/reboot route, it won;t hurt. If it still stops at 48%, then you need to check on what is at that point in your project. Could be a transition or your source file(s) may be corrupt at that point.

Archived