• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Easy Media Creator 9 " Deluxe " Suite

cdanteek

Did I miss a announcement?

If so someone can vanish this....

Easy Media Creator 9 Deluxe Suite

Complete Music, Photo, Video & Backup Solution.

Includes a Dazzle® DVC90 video capture device.

Advanced video editing and authoring tools.

Easy Media Creator® 9 Deluxe Suite is Roxio's top-of-the-line, most complete digital media suite for enjoying and sharing your digital movies, music, and memories. Includes everything in Creator 9 Suite, plus over $300 in extra value.

Buy Now!

List Price: $149.99

Your Price: $119.99*

Buy Download

Buy CD-ROM

* After $30 Mail-in Rebate mail-in rebate

cd

Did I miss a announcement?

If so someone can vanish this....

Complete Music, Photo, Video & Backup Solution.

Includes a Dazzle® DVC90 video capture device.

Advanced video editing and authoring tools.

Easy Media Creator® 9 Deluxe Suite is Roxio's top-of-the-line, most complete digital media suite for enjoying and sharing your digital movies, music, and memories. Includes everything in Creator 9 Suite, plus over $300 in extra value.

Buy Now!

List Price: $149.99

Your Price: $119.99*

Buy Download

Buy CD-ROM

* After $30 Mail-in Rebate mail-in rebate

cd

I think that you are quick to go to some of the pages others don't. Yea I found it also. Some on-line sellers also have this information.

It doesn't look like it is enabling any functions in V 9 just adding some new applications and more menu themes. This doesn't seem to be like the V8 Suite to V8 Deluxe Suite fiasco. Everything in V9 is already enabled so this would not be considered a fix or upgrade to the base applications. I may be wrong but I don't think so.

For the extra money you get the DVD 90 device (same as in V8 Deluxe), a couple of extra programs and some additional menus. Roxio claims $300 worth of additional goodies for about $60 over EMC 9. You can look at some of the new applications by going to the Roxio Labs information or to the web site for the other applications.

The ones I'm interested in are the additional menus and the Sound Soap. Sound Soap sounds simply sensational. (Sorry, could not help myself -- say that 5 times very fast).

And just to add to that - no-one knew it was coming so we're as wise as anyone else

Upgrade to DeLuxe - I wouldn't have a clue and I doubt if anyone else would either

The declaration of not knowing, especially to me makes it sound suspicious sorry......

For the extra money you get the DVD 90 device (same as in V8 Deluxe), a couple of extra programs and some additional menus. Roxio claims $300 worth of additional goodies for about $60 over EMC 9. You can look at some of the new applications by going to the Roxio Labs information or to the web site for the other applications.

The ones I'm interested in are the additional menus and the Sound Soap. Sound Soap sounds simply sensational. (Sorry, could not help myself -- say that 5 times very fast).

Enough to re-buy the program at that price?

cd

The declaration of not knowing, especially to me makes it sound suspicious sorry......

cd

Well, many of us supected that there might be a Deluxe version based on Version 8, but since I don't work for Roxio....... so it's not something that's on my personal radar.

The price is worth it if you need the capture device and the additional programs. My guess would be that they're trying to appeal to another segment of the video editing market. Lots of people are just realizing that they need to convert their VCR tapes to digital.

cd

No need to be paranoid - what I said was that no-one knew about it before anyone else did.

Now if you think that's 'suspicious' I can't help that.

You asked if "...Did I miss a announcement?..." and the answer was no - you didn't

cd

That's for everyone to decide on their own based on need and wants. That all depends on what you are going to use in the new product. :) If you want some of the added features, then yes.

Take a look at what Roxio sells MyDVD add on menus -- around 5 for $30. The new product has 10 new menus. That's $60 dollars there. CineMagic has 5 new themes. Say that's worth $30. So that is more than half of the cost of the new product. Of course this is worth zero if you don't like the new menus or if you don't use CineMagic. BTW, CineMagic makes a great movie if you want an introductory one to play when you put a DVD in your player. Sort of a "prelude" or :teaser"

If you do not need audio cleaning over and above what is already in V 9 then Sound Soap would not be of value. Sound Soap has a stand alone at $130 and a add-in. I could not find a price for the add in but I'm guessing more than $30. Again if you don't need it or won't want to use it.....

I'm at $120 added value without the DVC and the other goodies. Not quite to the full cost of this product without rebates.

The disc library function Disc Gallery sounds good if you have a lot of discs. I'm not sure I would every use Sight Speed. Most of my non-local friends are still running 2000 or 98. :D

I'm sure that the intelligent posters on this board would be able to make that decision for themselves. :huh::D

No, I am not in Roxio/Sonic Solutions sales department. I was as mad as anyone when they came out with EMC 8 Suite (crippled) and then EMC Deluxe Suite and said so. I don't see this being the same thing. Perhaps it is a case of keeping up with (or going beyond) the competioion

So where is the Suite to Deluxe Upgrade?

cd

It will be interesting to see if Sonic's marketing people put out a reasonably priced upgrade so that all the loyal customers who have already bought the Easy Media Creator 9 suite can buy only the add-ons and go Deluxe without having to buy the version 9 suite all over again.

That would seem to me to be a very fair thing to do.

However, the same result would have been reached by announcing at the Easy Media Suite launch that there would be a Deluxe edition along later so that those who wanted the Deluxe edition could hold off buying until it arrived.

They didn't do that, so the Deluxe edition is a big surprise to all of us down here at the "user interface".

I'm only guessing cd, but I wouldn't want to hold my breath while waiting for an upgrade package.

The real question is if the BUGS are off of Deluxe version.

A propos DivX Pro, I'd swear that the only time I tried to create DivX movie (in EMC 9 standaard) I got DivX Pro configuration dialog popup...? I am sure it could not come from another source than EMC9.

X.

I saw it in COMP USA a while ago.

Really?

Don't get confused. There's an EMC 9 Suite and the box is almost identical to the EMC 9 DELUXE Suite.

The DELUXE has a Dazzle device included and the software itself has more programs.

Archived