Jump to content
  • 0

Quick Eject


dk5290

Question

I've been using EMC8 for about a year now with limited sucess. I can burn video and it loads well on my computer, but is hit or miss on stand alone DVD players. Sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't. I recently loaded Ulead DVD Movie Factory that came with my capture card. When I went to burn a video, a box came up telling me the 'Quick eject was enable and was not compatible with some DVD player" . It than gave you the option to disable it. When I disabled it, all the videos I burned worked fine on all the stand alone DVD players. What exactly is this and is there a way to disable it in EMC8? Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

You explained it just fine but you are not reading the answer. Quick Eject is a Ulead program. Roxio never installed, doesn't have it. It only appeared after you installed Ulead and will go away when you uninstall Ulead.

 

Player compatibility issues are usually a result of the media and the media type. Verbatim is a solid performer but using 'dash' vs. 'plus' can produce odd results. Both types of media claim about 80% compatibility with Players. The other side of that coin is that they are 20% incompatible!

 

We have all run into compatibility issues, I am currently battling with a Motorola Player… Last test it read both 'plus' & 'dash' RW media burned with V8 and V9. I have another test on R media I hope to try this weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

James; thanks for the info. I just thought "Quick Eject" might have been something with the DVD burner itself that Ulead recognized and disabled before it started to burn. I was hoping that there was a way to disable the "quick eject" and still use EMC8 but I guess not. I have used different branbs of + and - disc with the same results. I'll have to give verbatim a try. Thanks again for the help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been using EMC8 for about a year now with limited sucess. I can burn video and it loads well on my computer, but is hit or miss on stand alone DVD players. Sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't. I recently loaded Ulead DVD Movie Factory that came with my capture card. When I went to burn a video, a box came up telling me the 'Quick eject was enable and was not compatible with some DVD player" . It than gave you the option to disable it. When I disabled it, all the videos I burned worked fine on all the stand alone DVD players. What exactly is this and is there a way to disable it in EMC8? Thanks.

Never heard of such a thing…

 

A search indicates it is a Ulead thing and is not part of Roxio!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been using EMC8 for about a year now with limited sucess. I can burn video and it loads well on my computer, but is hit or miss on stand alone DVD players. Sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't. I recently loaded Ulead DVD Movie Factory that came with my capture card. When I went to burn a video, a box came up telling me the 'Quick eject was enable and was not compatible with some DVD player" . It than gave you the option to disable it. When I disabled it, all the videos I burned worked fine on all the stand alone DVD players. What exactly is this and is there a way to disable it in EMC8? Thanks.

 

Uninstall Ulead, and you won't get that message again. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, I may have not explained it well. When I use EMC 8 to burn video, it will play on some stand alone DVD players I have and some it will not. Sometimes it will load up one time and when I put the same disc in again it will not load. I have tried all the suggestions from this forum i.e. burn to ISO, burn at a slower speed etc. Nothing worked. Now when I burn with this old Ulead program it tells me this quick eject is enabled and it will make the disc I burn incompatible with some stand alone DVD players. It gives me the option to disable it and when I do every disc I burn works on every stand alone DVD player every time. The Ulead program does not have all the features of EMC8 and it doesn't regonize ISO made with EMC8 so I can't use EMC8 and just burn it with Ulead. I was hoping there was something in EMC8 that would allow me to do the same thing, because whatever it is, the disc seem to work great on all the players. Thanks for the help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...