• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Adding Text to Individual Frame Problem

robmel1

Question

I have EMC 8.0 (build 805B30B ENU) version and am using Video Wave.

I have a problem when trying to add text to an individual frame according to the Help as follows:

Adding basic text and text effects to individual items

You can add basic text or text effects to an individual photo, video clip, or color panel in your production.

To add basic text to an individual item in the Storyline view:

In the Production Editor, double-click the panel to which you want to add text.

The panel you selected appears in the Preview area, and the other panels in the Production Editor area are greyed out.

On the Preview toolbar, click Add Text.

A “Type your text here” placeholder object appears in the Preview area.

Select the placeholder, and type your text.

When you have finished adding your text, click the Edit Internal Tracks or Entire Production button to return to editing the entire production.

The problem is when I "double-click" the panel I want to add text to the preview panel does not have an "Add Text" option and the other panels do not grey out.

I figure I'm either doing something wrong or those instructions don't match my software.

Thanks for any help.

Robert

5 answers to this question

Thanks for the information, it worked.

The fact that the incorrect information is part of the software itself in the "Help" area is disturbing. I believe there are other errors as well. Was there ever a correction released for this problem?

Thanks,

Robert

No because the person who wrote the manual is still hanging by his thumbs. :):huh::D

The panel is a picture and I just want to add a text line to describe that particular picture (which I will be doing to other pictures in this same project eventually.)

Robert

Click on the image you want to add the text to first. Now select the internal track The internal track icon is the one to the far left just above the image thumbnails. Once that opens, you can right click or use the menu to the left of the preview screen to add the text or use the icon above the preview screen.

Those original instructions are wrong. :) if I double click on an image, I get the image editor.

Click on the image you want to add the text to first. Now select the internal track The internal track icon is the one to the far left just above the image thumbnails. Once that opens, you can right click or use the menu to the left of the preview screen to add the text or use the icon above the preview screen.

Those original instructions are wrong. if I double click on an image, I get the image editor.

Thanks for the information, it worked.

The fact that the incorrect information is part of the software itself in the "Help" area is disturbing. I believe there are other errors as well. Was there ever a correction released for this problem?

Thanks,

Robert

Archived