• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help exporting movie to DIVX

Joji

Question

I drag my TS folder into Toasts video menu. The whole movie shows up on the little video on the left. But the video on the right only says 7 minutes. When I export it only exports the first 7 minutes. What am I doing wropng. If I burn a DVD the whole movie burns fine but when I try to export it is only exporting a little.

please help

thanks

5 answers to this question

I tried the DVD menu option in Media Browser. Nothing showed up. I put the TS folder witht he VOB file inside. There is only one because I only extracted the main movie without all the features. The only way I see the file is to select the Files choice. Do you have to have the whole movie extracted for it to show up. I appreciate your help

I tried the DVD menu option in Media Browser. Nothing showed up. I put the TS folder witht he VOB file inside. There is only one because I only extracted the main movie without all the features. The only way I see the file is to select the Files choice. Do you have to have the whole movie extracted for it to show up. I appreciate your help

I know that Toast requires a full disc extraction in order to use its fit-to-DVD function. I haven't tried anything other than a full disc extraction with a VIDEO_TS folder accessed via the Media Browser. The Media Browser reads the IFO file in the VIDEO_TS and likely expects to find what the IFO says is supposed to be there. This also is how Toast 7 works.

Alternatively, If you have MPEG Streamclip you probably could open the VOB title set in Streamclip and choose Convert to MPEG. Then drag that MPEG to Toast.

Actually it is not from a DVD. I extracted the DVD. it is on my hard drive in a TS video folder. I tryed the Media brower by searching for that TS file. the same thing happens. The little video on the left shows the whole movie but the movie only says 7 minutes to export. There has to be a fix.

thanks

Actually it is not from a DVD. I extracted the DVD. it is on my hard drive in a TS video folder. I tryed the Media brower by searching for that TS file. the same thing happens. The little video on the left shows the whole movie but the movie only says 7 minutes to export. There has to be a fix.

thanks

Place the VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop (not inside any other folder). Click on the top button in the Media Browser and choose DVD. In a couple seconds you'll see something appear in the browser window. Double-click on that item or go down to the title level with the browser's lower button. You'll now see the individual movie titles that are in the VIDEO_TS folder. Select the ones you want and either drag them to the Video window or click the + button. Toast now will extract the MPEG video from the VIDEO_TS folder and write it to the Roxio Converted Items folder. Toast now can convert that to other formats.

Archived