MainConcept MPEG HD encoder

kentfry

Question

If you are considering buying the MainConcept HD encoder plugin for Premiere Pro with the objective of producing BDAV legal streams, don't bother. They don't have a preset, and advise as follows:

"Dear Kent,

unfortunately we do not officially support the BluRay format in Premiere.

If you search in the Web for BluRay you might find the correct settings for BluRay which can be done with our Plugin as well.

Bye

Oli

"Kent Fry" <kentfry@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> I want to generate a Blu-ray MV compliant 50i (PAL) stream. Can you

> tell me what presets are required? I have tried the standard "HDTV 1080i 25/30"

> MPEG preset and, according to DVDit Pro HD, it isn't a legal BDMV file

> and therefore must be transcoded by that software."

1 answer to this question

If you are considering buying the MainConcept HD encoder plugin for Premiere Pro with the objective of producing BDAV legal streams, don't bother. They don't have a preset, and advise as follows:

"Dear Kent,

unfortunately we do not officially support the BluRay format in Premiere.

If you search in the Web for BluRay you might find the correct settings for BluRay which can be done with our Plugin as well.

Bye

Oli

"Kent Fry" <kentfry@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> I want to generate a Blu-ray MV compliant 50i (PAL) stream. Can you

> tell me what presets are required? I have tried the standard "HDTV 1080i 25/30"

> MPEG preset and, according to DVDit Pro HD, it isn't a legal BDMV file

> and therefore must be transcoded by that software."

Not sure about the plug-in vs. standalone but on the standalone and using the HD2 and H.264main/high (not 100% but pretty sure on these) presents the PS3 was able to play directly from the encoded mpg file. Not sure what DVDit will do with it though... The presets would choke on my longer clips so I don't use it.

Archived