• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

"Out of Memory" Message in Label Creator

Colorado Dan

Question

Problem:

In Label Creator, I'm unable to open a file created in Label Creator v.9. I create a new project/file in this version. I can save it. But, it will not let me open it. I get the message "out of memory".

I've closed out the app and even rebooted the computer and still have this problem.

Any ideas? :)

10 answers to this question

Check the pagefile.sys in control panel, system, advanced and set that to at least double your available RAM for both min and max values

Thanks for your imput. I doubled the memoroy as you suggested and I still get the "out of memory" message when attempting to open the file. It's the wierdest thing. Any other ideas???

Thanks

Colorado Dan

Does this happen with all files or just this one?

How much actual RAM have you got and what is your graphics RAM?

There is another possibility and that is you have a corrupt file and the EOF (End Of File marker) is way past what it should be

Does this happen with all files or just this one?

How much actual RAM have you got and what is your graphics RAM?

There is another possibility and that is you have a corrupt file and the EOF (End Of File marker) is way past what it should be

Actually, there a few "older files" (from v.7.5) that will open just fine. It's the new files actually created in the version 9 app.

I have 1 gig of ram which I ran some test on to make sure it wasn't a hardware problem. My video ram is 256.

Another thing is that I copied the file(s) I was having trouble with to a flash card and tried opening them on my 2nd computer which also has EMC ver. 9 on it and got the same error message.

That's why it's so weird...

I shot an email off to Roxio hoping they may an idea about this.

Thanks for imput!

Colorado Dan

That sounds more like corrupted files.

I don't know if you were using computers back in the days of DOS and the C:\> prompt, but if a file was corrupted it gave that sort of message (the OS thought that it was bigger than the RAM could take)

That sounds more like corrupted files.

I don't know if you were using computers back in the days of DOS and the C:\> prompt, but if a file was corrupted it gave that sort of message (the OS thought that it was bigger than the RAM could take)

I remember the "dos" days. The interesting thing is that I can open a file 6-7 mb in size whereas the problem file is only 1.5 mb. These files are brand new files created in ver. 9. Weird isn't it?

Sounds more and more like a corrupt file with the EOF marker being screwed up or missing

Is there a fix or work around for this?

Would un-installing and re-installing resolve the problem?

I've been EZ CD/Media creator for years. I go all the back to ver. 4. And I've never had this kind of issues. Overall, I have had little or no problems with this app until version 9.

Colorado Dan

I meant the files you were working with - the fact that even on a flash drive they couldn't be read on another machine looks like they're faulty - dunno why really

You're right. It's really weird. I just opened up Label Creator 9... I started with a new file(project). I kept it simple and saved the file. Then when I tried to reopen it, I got the same error message as on the other files... I do hope someone will pickup on this thread and help us figure it out. What a mystery.

Thanks for your imput. I do appreciate it.

Colorado Dan

Archived